Clubbed another baby seal... Z4 M coupe wanted a piece of the Shelby

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
This guy lived in my area, so I always see him. It is a silver car, with black wheels and is very loud. It is the model after the "clown shoe" cars, but still the fixed coupe model. I have seen the guy a lot but typically only traveling in the other direction or when I am at the gas station. He always gets on it when he sees my car but we have never had a chance to play....untill this evening.

I was heading to meet my wife and son at dinner when I saw him cross through the 4 way intersection in fron of my neighborhood. I had to wait my turn, but we were going to be heading in the same direction. There is probably on half of a mile before the road intersects with the highway, so I had to hustle a little to see which way he was going to turn. I need to go south to meet the family, but it looked like he was going north. Bummer. I turn on my blinker to get into the right lane for my turn and he stays put in the left, turning on his blinker. I chalk it up to shitty luck, untill this guy starts revving his car loudly in neuteral repeatedly, flashing his left blinker. I figure if he is that committed to playing with me, that he might have somehting fun to play with. I think to myself "Looks like I will be a little late for dinner honey," as I fall in behind him to take a left.
We sit at the light for a bit waiting to go. He is the thrid car, I am the fourth. I start thinking that I need to get off my ass and install my new harness for the fans on my heat exchanger, as the fuse melted months ago, causing the fans not to function, but I didn't think it would really matter for this.
The light goes green, and off we go. Irritatingly enough, cars one and two go into seperate lanes, creating a brief log jam. Don't they know there is 1000 or so horsepower behind them trying to have a little fun? Thankfully, one of them seems to be in more of a hurry and a gap opens. He guns it and I follow suit, throwing my rear end at the slower moving car from the light, as it is a little cool and the R888s were probably not quite warm enough. The M car changes lanes throuh the gap and I follow as I start to hook. Before we pass car number one form the light, I am already lifting to avoid putting grabber blue paint on this guys rear bumper. Hmmmm "Yeah, this is going to get ugly fast." We pass car one, I change lanes and put the pedal back where it should be. The BMW appears to have the same mod as the modded 135 I ran a couple months back....AN ANCHOR. He must have throw it out the window as I blew by him in a hurry. Redline third, powershift fourth, and he is more than a greyhound back. I give the breaks a good poke since I am inching up on doubling the limit.
I prepare to take the next turnaround, but that light turns yellow, so I move back over next to him to chat at the light. I look over to see him and a young boy sitting next to him. The guy was trying to race with hsi kid in the car?? First words out of his mouth "Man I want that much power!" I proceded to tell him that it is just a bolt on car but it is still pretty fun at ~570whp. He said he only had 330whp and mentioned his headers and exhaust work. He said he is going to put a blower on it but said it was expensive. I felt obligated to tell him that I have my Kenne Bell, but have not had a chance to install it yet, but should be in the 700whp range when I do :)
It was fun to finally get to play with this guy and show him whats up, but it still baffles me the cars that try to run me. Beating this guy is no acomplishment for the Shelby, but at least his son got to see a quick car put a hurtin' on him pops. I can't imagine what it would have looked like with the Kenne Bell installed...

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Nice kill. Sometimes those M's need to be reminded about the good ole American muscle. It will be funny if he does throw a blower in just for you and you upgrade to the KB with the same scenario again and you still beat him up.

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Very nice writeup! I run cars I know are gonna waste me just to see them move out! Besides, cant ever win'em all anyways... ;)

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Get that new relay harness installed. Mine had melted too, let me guess, afco right? I lost 6mph trap when the fans quit working. Thats a huge amount of timing being pulled due to high iat2's. Just fyi.

Sent from my huge ass SAMSUNG NOTE using tapatalk 2

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
I ran into one of these a few weeks ago...

I'm driving to work on a Saturday morning so the highway is pretty empty. I come up on one of these Z4 M coupes and lo and behold, the guy has vanity tags that read "V8 KILLR". Trying to be mature and on my best behavior, I pass him probably going 80 while he was doing 75 or so, minding my own business.

I started thinking about it and realized that this was too good of an opportunity to pass up with those plates, so I let out of it down to 65 mph or so. He wasn't getting any closer. I completely get out of it and coast down to 50 and he still wasn't getting any closer. The guy obviously wanted nothing to do with me as he was matching my decel on a 65 mph highway, well below the speed limit. So my exit is coming up, I get in the exit lane and he magically picks up speed and starts to pass me so I gave him a few revs before I got off and he completely ignored me the entire time.

All I'm going to say is that if you're going to drive around with plates like that, expect to get messed with. He obviously didn't want to play against something he knew he had no chance against. I'm sure he has a blast beating up on pick up trucks and mid 90s f-bodies though.

C/N: The street race that wasn't.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread