Clunck after H&R spring install and 14 mil bolts

dezracer

2 weeks ago I had shop install H&R race springs with MM ISOs and CC plates. At same time we upgraded to the 14 mil IRS bolts. (the clunck between shifts is GONE:banana:)I then had it alighned. BUT...... I have developed this occasional very slight clunck in the rear when driving at low speeds (1st gear mostly) when driving over small bumps in road. The shop has agreed to put it on lift and re-torque a few bolts. You guys have ideas on what else we can look for while it is on lift?"

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATIADO

Established Member
Damn I'm having the same issue. Did the same thing you did but mine were steeda springs i also left out the rear bottom isos don't know if that is the problem.

dezracer

Well, afetr some further drivinh diagnostics I have narrwed it down to when I am during inot a driveway at an angle at low speeds. Thats when it clunks. C,mon guys, I cant be the only one with this issue.

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
I had it also but I didnt have the isos in then I just put the bottom ones in and it went away its the way the spring is sitting is what I found.

1SVT2NV

Established Member
This has been discussed at length on these boards. This is a common problem with 2003-2004 Cobras. I can't recall what causes it, maybe do a search. I do know that your mods are not the reason for the sound though.

vortex03

Established Member
This is normal in all Terminators. Actually its a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) I have the same thing and I took it to a different dealership from where I bought it and all they could do was retightened a few bolts. What I believe is, over time the soft rubber IRS bushings work themselves loose somehow. Its hard to explain without showing you in person. Maybe replacing the bushings might help, I'm not sure. Here is a link with pics and torque specs http://www.stangnet.com/images/stories/docs/sn95_TSBs/03-09-05.pdf

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread