Clutch Adjustment Parts - Thinking ahead to Spec 3+

kennys2003

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I'm having issues with my stock clutch, so before I replace it, I want to put in the following:

BilletFlow Firewall Adjuster
Steeda Quick Release Quadrant
LDC Freeplay Kit

Eventually, I'm going to upgrade to a Spec 3+ (26 spline), so I don't want to screw myself over moving forward.

Any concerns with this combo? The issues I'm having are the clutch not disengaging at WOT from 3rd-4th, and general clutch/shifting issues. The clutch is going, but I think it has some life left.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ken

Jefe

Established Member
Same here. Good thread, id rather buy parts when I can than needing $1k+ all at once. Subscribing

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Better check on the availability of the 26 spline shaft. They were on national backorder when I needed a new clutch so I stayed with the stock shaft. You might want to buy one when they are available rather than waiting until your clutch goes out.

Also, use a FRPP HD TOB and NOT the TOB Spec includes with the clutch.

oneSICsvt

Established Member
Better check on the availability of the 26 spline shaft. They were on national backorder when I needed a new clutch so I stayed with the stock shaft. You might want to buy one when they are available rather than waiting until your clutch goes out.

Also, use a FRPP HD TOB and NOT the TOB Spec includes with the clutch.

I hear that all the time what is so bad about the spec TOB

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
I hear that all the time what is so bad about the spec TOB
I don't know because I didn't use it. I've read too many posts about it squealing after too few miles. I also don't know if those reporting problems were using the freeplay spring.

Since I am not equipted to pull my tranny, instead have to pay to have it done, I figured the cost of the FRPP unit was well worth it. I also used a Ford pilot bearing, then found out the Spec included that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread