Clutch adjustment

toomanytoys

Established Member
when the clutch is properly adjusted is there any free play in the pedal? Or is the tob supposed to be touching the pressure plate?

toomanytoys

Established Member
It's a little confusing. When using a stock self adjusting quadrant the tob is touching the pressure plate. The instructions I got with the exedy clutch I just installed say that there shouldn't be contact between the two unless your foot is on the clutch and that the clutch should start to grab 1-2 inches off the floor

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
the best i can understand from my personal experience, and reading and hearing about it, is that there really are two schools of thought -

all of the "official" instructions say to leave a gap and that if you don't, it will cause the tob to wear prematurely. on the other hand, like you say, the tob is designed to be a constant velocity bearing, and the factory setup constantly applies slight pressure.

i have been daily driving terminators since they came out and i have had many different clutch setups. i initially set it up with a slight gap, but over a period of a couple of weeks i have to experiment and dial it in to the sweet spot for my driving style, which for me is the clutch engaging about mid-pedal. that usually means that there is no gap and that the tob is constantly spinning, but i haven't seen accelerated tob wear by using this method.

Users who are viewing this thread