Clutch assist spring

jdcobra

Established Member
So I never removed the assist spring on my '12 GT and wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Well I removed it and drove around for a bit. Honestly, I don't like it much WITHOUT the spring seeing as I do a bunch of daily driving. I've been trying to figure out the easiest way to re in stall the spring. Anyone have any suggestions? I've tried to get a pair of pliers in there but there isn't much room. I even tried to compress the spring for about an hour in a vice. Any help would be appreciated! :beer:

jdcobra

Established Member
How much have you driven with it removed? Give it a couple days to get used to. You probably won't want to reinstall it

I've driven it for half a day. People said it would it increase MINOR pressure. Lol seems a little more than minor to me.

DivineStrike

Established Member
Yea man give yourself a couple days. The first day it feels heavy but the next couple ya get used to it and it feels normal

jdcobra

Established Member
Kinda like it because it reminds of my 04 cobra clutch. Just without the adjustment capability at the firewall

Voltwings

Established Member
My Fiance was struggling to drive her 2014, removed the clutch assist spring and she instantly got better, said it allowed her to actually feel the engagement point, and im going to have to agree; i feel its a lot easier to drive with it removed. I'd give it some time.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
IMO, vice grips make it super easy and less likely of snapping off a corner of the retainer. Place vice grips on 2 middle coils, compress and lock, slide it right out.

jdcobra

Established Member
IMO, vice grips make it super easy and less likely of snapping off a corner of the retainer. Place vice grips on 2 middle coils, compress and lock, slide it right out.

You were able to get vice grips in there?! Lol

PIKE5.0

Established Member
Going from a Spec 3+ in my '12, the stock '15 clutch makes me look like I can't drive a damn stick haha.. I'm clutch swapping, but would be removing the spring FOR SURE.

jdcobra

Established Member
Going from a Spec 3+ in my '12, the stock '15 clutch makes me look like I can't drive a damn stick haha.. I'm clutch swapping, but would be removing the spring FOR SURE.

I had a spec 3+ in my 04 cobra and not the street able version with the soft pedal lol. Thing gave me a damn leg workout.

bpmurr

Established Member
It took a couple days to get use to the feel but I wouldn't go back. The clutch has a linear feel now.

jdcobra

Established Member
I put my spring back on. Imo, I have a better feel with it on. But that's just me :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread