clutch cable issue... HELP!

01SVT2894

Established Member
ok, so once in a while, when i drive the Cobra, and when i shift the car jerks... as if i let out of the clutch to soon... but this happens well after my foot is off the clutch and i'm deep in the gas...

anyway, i'm under the hood a few mins ago and i notice that the clutch cable isn't secured to the engine bay... ya know, the little mounting tab isn't in place... so i start to think that MAYBE this could be my problem. so i grab a bolt and push the clutch cable to where it's supposed to be and viola! but then, i notice the clutch cable is resting on the header. no good.

is it important to secure the clutch cable to the side of the engine bay? if so, i'm going to have a bitch of a time figuring this situation out.

here is a pic... it's not bolted down here but it is in the right spot, but on the header... btw, i have BBK headers on the car.
93cobra115.jpg

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
You may not be able to use your factory hole (your headers look like they stick out pretty good), but the purpose is to keep the cable off of the hot stuff and out of pinch points. My cable is a Zoom part and the mounting plate is near impossible to bend while in the car... You may be able to mount the bracket then bend it away from the headers. Matter of fact, I couldn't use my factory location and secured it to a tube on my k-member.

cobra93

Established Member
Get yourself a cable from a 94/95 Mustang. They are longer and will give you more slack to play with. Places like Pro Motion and Anderson Ford sell them as adjustable units as well.

Users who are viewing this thread