clutch cable shreded now putting in a adjustable cable an having problems

trailblazer sss

ford ***** again
Established Member
Iam trying to install a adjustable cable that came with the car in a box of parts cause last night I kept hearing something an it was my cable shredding so I took it off an slid the new cable in an went to put it in the firewall an the thing won't fit into the firewall adjuster great no one has one in stock either can I sand down the nipple part that goes into the firewall adjuster?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Many people on here will tell you to stay clear of an adjustable cable. I just ordered PMP clutch kit along with there quadrant/adjuster with adjustable cable. Pretty leary about it, but I was told from PMP that they have many racers using this with zero issues.

Tims97SVT

Established Member
Iam trying to install a adjustable cable that came with the car in a box of parts cause last night I kept hearing something an it was my cable shredding so I took it off an slid the new cable in an went to put it in the firewall an the thing won't fit into the firewall adjuster great no one has one in stock either can I sand down the nipple part that goes into the firewall adjuster?

Pending on the firewall adjuster you have some shaving/ grinding may need to be done so the plastic part of the cable will slide into the fw adjuster. If you have a cheap adj cable don't expect it to last long. Order a replacement from ProMotion performance if you want to keep the adj cable or order a stock one from Tousley ford if you don't an adj cable.

trailblazer sss

ford ***** again
Established Member
I would rather a non adjustable cable like what was on the car whoever installed the quadrant put a spacers on one thing am not the other causing it to move side to side shredding the cable over time guess tomorrow I be ordering one from tousley

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
I would rather a non adjustable cable like what was on the car whoever installed the quadrant put a spacers on one thing am not the other causing it to move side to side shredding the cable over time guess tomorrow I be ordering one from tousley
I have found that some quadrants are sharp out of the box. I used a buffing wheel on the channel to soften the inner edges I've seen some sharp enough to cut a finger, imagine what it will do to a cable not lined up and under pressure when the pedal is pushed in.

Users who are viewing this thread