Clutch cable snapped, have questions.

jordanvraptor

Established Member
My clutch cable snapped at the quadrant after about 50K miles and I just bought a new OEM from Ford part number 2r3z-7535-aa. I have a Fiore microclick firewall adjuster and quadrant. The part I just got from Ford has the firewall mount and plastic grommet with hooks thingy still attached to it. Is there an easy way to get it off so I can use the Fiore FWA?

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
You can go to the Maximum Motorstorts site, click on "Installation Instructions", then MMCL-3 under "Drivetrain & Clutch Components" to see some detailed pictures on the oem cable modifications needed.

Or you can download this PDF document
http://www.competitionspeedandsound.com/03_04 Cobra Quadrant_Firewall Instructions.pdf

I'd also take off the quadrant and buff the inner edges of the channel. Mine was pretty sharp and I softened it up with a Dremel. Also, make sure you shim it with 1/2" washers when you reinstall it so the cable goes straight into the channel from the firewall. If the quadrant is to one side or the other, the cable can chafe when you push the clutch pedal and that WILL eventually break it again. Use your hand to feel the cable route since it is difficult to see.

Last edited:

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I'd also take off the quadrant and buff the inner edges of the channel. Mine was pretty sharp and I softened it up with a Dremel. Also, make sure you shim it with 1/2" washers when you reinstall it so the cable goes straight into the channel from the firewall. If the quadrant is to one side or the other, the cable can chafe when you push the clutch pedal and that WILL eventually break it again. Use your hand to feel the cable route since it is difficult to see.

:beer:

Make sure there is a smooth surface on your quadrant and that it is aligned properly.

Users who are viewing this thread