Clutch chadder anyone?

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
I have A little clutch chadder from stop to start...kinda annoying in traffic, anyone else? The car only has 2700 mi. on it.

Dave

Last edited:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
dave, both of my clutches chattered. It's normal and more noticable with different driving habits.

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
dave, both of my clutches chattered. It's normal and more noticable with different driving habits.

If it's inherent of the car then I can deal with it.

Mike,
Did I tell you I might be getting a new rear end. the car had a slight whine from the rear at 70-80 mph from day one. I took it to Jannell just to document it. The service tech told me he thought I would get a whole new pumpkin. The service mrg. was off that day.

I got a call from the service mrg. the next day and he has to find out what from Ford how to handle the matter. :rolleyes: he asked me if I had any mods (suspension) I told him no but I do have a catback and CAI, he said that should not be an issue....I told him I could put the stock parts back on but he told me don't worry about it. I'm not worried yet but, you know how these things can end up. :shrug:

Dave

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
Originally posted by Venomous98Cobra
What kind of chatter are you getting? There are many different kinds.

Could you explain different kinds? Mine is slight but knowticable from a dead stop.

KosherCobra

Established Member
I have the same thing. I got the car with 1,000 miles and have a light chadder on first gear the roll. It bothered me at first but it seams common.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by Davesnake
Could you explain different kinds? Mine is slight but knowticable from a dead stop.

The only one I know about happens when the clutch is pressed and you are in the process of engauging it (releasing it) and the clutch pulsates against your foot. I had my clutch replaced under warranty because of it. When they put in the new revised clutch it got worse. I wish I kept my old one.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
If it's inherent of the car then I can deal with it.

Mike,
Did I tell you I might be getting a new rear end. the car had a slight whine from the rear at 70-80 mph from day one. I took it to Jannell just to document it. The service tech told me he thought I would get a whole new pumpkin. The service mrg. was off that day.

I got a call from the service mrg. the next day and he has to find out what from Ford how to handle the matter. :rolleyes: he asked me if I had any mods (suspension) I told him no but I do have a catback and CAI, he said that should not be an issue....I told him I could put the stock parts back on but he told me don't worry about it. I'm not worried yet but, you know how these things can end up. :shrug:

Dave

No you never told me. My car has had a small vibe around 80. I think it is the driveshaft because it's still doing it even after I got rid of the IRS.

Jannel sucks ass. I drive my car 70 miles each way to Cranston RI to get it fixed. I'd rather spend the time driving then worry about hackers working on my car.

Cobra-Master

Established Member
Mine did this severley and I took it to the dealer. They told me it needs a new rear end. They ordered it and we take it back in Monday for a rear end replacement.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Mine chatterd just as I engauging the clutch. The dealer wouldnt do anything about it. In my opinion a car that is used as easy as mine and brand new shouldnt have a chatter, I personnally have had to replace clutches for my customers in the past for a warped plate. It was just part of the buisness. Thats why I would only try to use quality parts. Still happened some times. But when I need it i have some guy that telling me its normal for it to be warped.

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
No you never told me. My car has had a small vibe around 80. I think it is the driveshaft because it's still doing it even after I got rid of the IRS.

Jannel sucks ass. I drive my car 70 miles each way to Cranston RI to get it fixed. I'd rather spend the time driving then worry about hackers working on my car.

Mike,

Was the vibe always there? it could be a tire if it wasn't.

As far as Jannell go's I just went there to document the noise, I did not go in there demanding a new rear end. Nobody there has touched the car yet. I might go down to Tasca for a second opinion and have the work done if needed.

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
I posted the same question months ago and the consensus seemed to be that the chatter is normal. FWIW, I've had the same amount of chatter since the car was driven home from the dealership, but with the Borla Stinger exhaust I can barely hear it anymore :p

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Mike,

Was the vibe always there? it could be a tire if it wasn't.

As far as Jannell go's I just went there to document the noise, I did not go in there demanding a new rear end. Nobody there has touched the car yet. I might go down to Tasca for a second opinion and have the work done if needed.

I just put 4 new tires on it. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

Dave, what are you up to tomorrow and Saturday? I think I'm going to drop by manny's to redyno with my 11,13, and 15 psi pullies.

Last edited:

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
I just put 4 new tires on it. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

Dave, what are you up to tomorrow and Saturday? I think I'm going to drop by manny's to redyno with my 11,13, and 15 psi pullies.

I have to work tomorrow :( I plan on getting out early though about 2pm....Saturday I'm around til the Patriots game starts. Give me a call I would like to be there if possible

Last edited:

Orange Poison

Established Member
Mine chattered coming out of First gear and in reverse. It bothered the hell out of me. I was going to let it go, but then my Hyro booster started leaking. So when I took it in I had everything done.

I think there is a 12month/12K warranty on the stock clutch.

My clutch is nice now.

Users who are viewing this thread