Clutch Disk Part# needed for Tremec trans swap

DrTriton

Established Member
Has anyone swapped in the Magnum XL and kept their stock Boss clutch (flywheel/pressure plate)? I am trying to find out if someone makes a 26-spline disk that will work with the stock Boss clutch.

I put a McLeod RXT in my car when I installed my Tremec trans but I'm not real happy with it for daily driving. Would like to go back to the Boss setup I had previously.

Thanks.

jojobee

Established Member
What is it that you dont like about it ?

I tought that twin disks clutch were as smooth as oem due to the nature of their design.

I have an Exedy and its quite stiff and noisy.

DrTriton

Established Member
The pedal effort is nice but it's like a light switch near the top. The disks don't have springs so it's also creating a lot of driveline harmonics between 1500-1800 RPM. If you track your car quite a bit it's probably a great unit to have but in stop and go traffic it's no fun to drive.

When I called McLeod to discuss my options they really pushed the RXT. For a daily driven car I wouldn't recommend it.

Last edited:

darreng505

Established Member
Well. I have an RXT for my boss and the magnum.
The issue I'm having is the engagement point is too high.
I can't work the clutch until I'm nearly all the way off the throttle (at high rpm) or it over revs. Its not the 50/50 pedal transition you might expect. Theres supposed to be a way to adjust it....exploring.

Users who are viewing this thread