Clutch, Flywheel, Driveshaft Combo

pinetopbilld

Established Member
1997 Cobra Street/HPDE Car. Stock motor, exhaust, drop in filter, copper plugs, 3.73's. Clutch needs replacing. Thinking about doing an aluminum flywheel and driveshaft while I'm at it. Figured if I did everything at once I would really be able to feel the difference. Yall are the experts. What should I go with?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Any drop in rotational weight and it will help.

I've personally never run an aluminum flywheel so I can't say much there but I've read about other guys doing it and they seemed to like them.

Other good places to drop rotational weight are 2 piece brakes and a good wheel. My buddy's Camaro has factory wheels for the street and a set of apex wheels for the track. There is a noticeable difference on the track between both.

MFE

Established Member
In my experience the aluminum flywheel is a bit of a PITA on the street but not a deal-breaker.

BlackStripes

Established Member
I have aluminum flywheel, aluminum pressure plate and aluminum driveshaft, I haven't noticed any difference... granted, I've done all of them separately throughout the years.

pinetopbilld

Established Member
Ok, so the aluminum driveshaft and flywheel are definitely in.

Now I need some more help. I'm learning how to heel toe shift so I have discovered that the pedals need some serious attention. Curious to what you guys have done to get a correct pedal setup. I have been doing a little research and I like the Ultimate Pedals and the Clutch Pedal Height Adjuster from Maximum Motorsports. Any advice on these products or whatever you guys have had success with is greatly appreciated. I want to get things setup right the first time without a bunch of trial and error. Thanks men.

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
I simply bent the accelerator pedal towards the brake pedal. I roll the right side of my right foot to the accelerator pedal. Perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread