Clutch help!!

97SVTStang

Established Member
Alright what clutch is everyone using. Yet again I blew mine into peices. So much for Ford Racing's POS Heavy Duty Clutch. Doesnt sound too heavy to me if it can't stand up to an 11 sec car. Or maybe its my fault I dont know, I guess leaving the line at 5,000 rpm's with ET Streets and on the bottle most clutch's wont hold up. I only got 6 months out of it.

Anyway anything out there that will hold up longer than 6 months. Or is that Ford Racing one the best they make for a cars? Plus I burned the flywheel up bad too, who is using a lightened flywheel?

Thanks guys

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Sorry to hear about your clutch. Im using the FRPP King Cobra clutch, but i would recommend the SPEC stage II or III if you are gonna abuse it. Im getting the Stage II after my King Cobra. If you burn yours a lot, then go all out and get the stage III and you wont be dissappointed.

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
I use a Spec stage 3 on my ex road race/autocross car. It is a little overkill for a show car now, but I don't feel like changing it. Look at the hays aluminum flywheel.

Users who are viewing this thread