CLUTCH INSTALL (2004 SVT Cobra)

BlackenedSVT

The Clown has it out 4 me
Established Member
As the title says. I'm going to be installing my new Spec 3+ Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Lethal Performance TOB guide tube, and changing the input shaft to a Liberty 26 Spline Input Shaft, probably in a week or two.

My car currently has SLP Long Tube Headers and an SLP X-pipe installed.

I was wondering if anyone has done a clutch install on a terminator with LT headers. Do the headers have to off? If so do you have to drop the K-member again to get them out? Or can you snake one header off from one of the sides...??

I've done shorty headers on my old 2002 GT, and i removed the K-member to do them...would like to avoid doing that again on the cobra :)

Any and all input/help would be appreciated. Thanks guys. :beer:

Goodlife

Established Member
I had bassani mid lenghts. I did not have to remove them. But as a normal clutch swap would go I removed the trans first. Then unbolted the bellhousing and worked it out.

OHthreecobra

Gigady Gigady Goo !!
Established Member
well from personal experience on my 96 cobra i put LT's on the friday before ocean city cruise two years ago. that weekend i blew my TOB, i had to limp it all the way from OC to reading pa, about 4 days after pulling everything apart to get the long tubes in i had to pull it all back apart to get the tranny out :bash: last time i ever do LT's without doing a clutch at the same time. i just dropped the whole k member with engine and trans... easier access, isnt hard with a lift....:shrug:

BlackenedSVT

Established Member
yeah guess that K-member might be coming out. boy is that fun. Can't wait!

has anyone else had any luck removing the trans WITHOUT removing SLP L/T Headers?

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Bloown 03 answered your question but in addition to the TOB retainer sleeve you should probably replace the TOB as well, I didn't see it on your list of items so I figured i'd mention it, a new fork might not be a bad thing to do as well and since you are a ways away from the install you can still get a good deal on the parts from Steve (TOB and clutch fork)

BlackenedSVT

Established Member
Bloown 03 answered your question but in addition to the TOB retainer sleeve you should probably replace the TOB as well, I didn't see it on your list of items so I figured i'd mention it, a new fork might not be a bad thing to do as well and since you are a ways away from the install you can still get a good deal on the parts from Steve (TOB and clutch fork)

a new TOB comes with every new clutch kit. So i have one. I've never seen a clutch that doesn't come with a new TOB in the kit.

Nah the car has 20k miles on it, the stock clutch fork im SURE is more than mint still. Maybe i'll replace that on the 2nd clutch install in the future.

but thanks for the heads up anyway. good lookin out

Users who are viewing this thread