Clutch noise

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
I'm not sure if it is the normal clutch chatter or not. It starts chattering around 2500 rpm and get louder till about 2800-3000. It only happens with the clutch engaged, but it doesn't have to be in gear to do it. Once I get past 3000 rpm it stops. I have over 2000 miles on it. It is not the stock clutch, it is one of the Promotion custom ones with a Fidanza aluminum flywheel. Also, if I put slight pressure on the pedal, it goes away. I have a Steeda firewall adjuster and quadrant. Any ideas?

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
If the sound goes away with pressure on the clutch, you probably have TOB issues.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
But why would it just clatter in a certain rpm band? The TOB has less miles on it than the clutch. Everytime I pull the tranny I swap it out. It is a Ford Racing unit. As much as I don't want to, I think I am going to have to pull everything out and see what is going on.

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member
Does it sound like this?

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3PfhvMmG1Y"]2500-3000 RPM Clutch Rattle? - YouTube[/nomedia]

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
But why would it just clatter in a certain rpm band? The TOB has less miles on it than the clutch. Everytime I pull the tranny I swap it out. It is a Ford Racing unit. As much as I don't want to, I think I am going to have to pull everything out and see what is going on.

Is the clutch adjusted properly? Try tightening it up a tad and see if it goes away.

brtt485

Established Member
Ande99SVT or Olgreydog7 -
Did either of you have any luck solving your problem with the chatter from the clutch? Mine is making the same type of noise. It is quiet when the clutch pedal is fully disengaged but if I put slight pressure on the clutch pedal it chatter pretty loudly from there all the way to the floor and continues until the pedal is fully released again.

Any wisdon would be much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread