Clutch opinions please!

Skudra

Established Member
What clutch should I go with? I am about to buy a Spec stage II clutch but before I do want to know your opinions about it please. If you dont like it please post too, I want to hear good and bad!

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
i have a king cobra, and if i could do it again i would have gotten a SPEC stage II. Some really like the king cobras but mine chatters like a mother, i did a 800 mile break in.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
i had a spec 2, grabbed hard enough to break the input shaft off my Tremec 3550 :-D

I'm upgrading to a stage 3 while the tranny gets a new input shaft.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
sybersport.com is holding a sale on them. 280 for the Stage 3's. Tell him Doug from Tennessee sent you

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
SnakeBite98 said:
i have a king cobra, and if i could do it again i would have gotten a SPEC stage II. Some really like the king cobras but mine chatters like a mother, i did a 800 mile break in.

So does mine, and I did 1000 miles of break in. Don't get me wrong, its a nice clutch, it's just really flippin loud.

Cobrajunkie

Established Member
So it is possible to have too much clutch for the transmission? I would think that people with near stock Cobras wouldn't need Stage 3's....or does that not matter?

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
depends on what you want for the car. If you have plans of a power adder in the futer, might as well go with a stage 3 so you don't have to worry about it later.

mustangdan429

Established Member
i just got a spec stage 2 today. putting it in, in a week or so after i get back from Hawaii.

hey doug, that picture of the rear diff cover....is that yours....how the hell did it get ripped a big one like that?

Skudra

Established Member
Thanks guys....I will definately follow through with getting a Spec Stage II. I dont plan on anything major for horsepower so stage II should be fine!

Skudra

Established Member
I have actually decided to go with stage III because its only like $35 difference on the Syber Sport website and its a better clutch. I just want to make sure I am getting the right one, so, please look here . The third from the top is the stage III. Is this the one I want? I know that this is Horsepower Freaks not Syber Sport but they will price match. :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread