Clutch options for supercharged sn95

xTomKx

Established Member
I've been running Ford Racing Clutch so far on street tires but I will be going to drag radials soon. Since I have the engine and trans out I am debating on upgrading the clutch. As far as my car it has a built block with a vortech running 13psi.

What are my best options as far as the clutch?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^^ What he said.

Although I will say, I had extremely good luck with my Spec Stg 3. It was a awesome clutch super smooth and held 640rwhp all day long and powershifts.

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
I have been running a Spec stage 3 for two clutches in a row; I'm happy with it. Pretty similar set up as you also.

Last edited:

xTomKx

Established Member
McLeod RST or RXT.

I think that is way too much clutch for me at 400 ft-lbs of torque.

^^^ What he said.

Although I will say, I had extremely good luck with my Spec Stg 3. It was a awesome clutch super smooth and held 640rwhp all day long and powershifts.

I have been running a Spec stage 3 for two clutches in a row; I'm happy with it. Pretty similar set up as you also.

Do you have the puck version or full face Stage 3?

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
11in ram powergrip here, love it

One thing you never want to do is over clutch a car. The clutch should be the weak point in the driveline, much cheaper to replace than a trans

Puck style clutches are bad for t45s, they're super hard on the trans even when you build the trans they can still cause issues

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SVTPete83

Established Member
My RXT is probably one of the best mods I have done to a stang. It made it so my wife could drive the car with ease and it has yet to slip once, even hotlapping the car running bottom 11s

-SVTPete

centerforce

Established Member
I think that is way too much clutch for me at 400 ft-lbs of torque.

Our Dual Friction is perfect for that type of power, and very easy to drive on the street. It uses a full-face disk on one side, and puck style on the other so you get a high holding capacity, with a smoother engagement than other comparable clutches.

Users who are viewing this thread