Clutch pedal going to floor at WOT

perry2k12

Established Member
To make a long story short, my car was getting tuned by Bob Kurgan on Friday and the car wouldn't show any gains with new mods. This is likely due to my clutch slipping. The dyno showed him a chart of engine RPM/wheel rpm and they weren't consistent... it looked like a dome shape. Only explanation is that the clutch is slipping. Wheel spin was eliminated as a factor.

So if the clutch pedal is being sucked to the floor at WOT... and it's slipping because of that.... why? My Spec 3+ and new flywheel have about 2k miles on them.

Here is a full explanation: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/846416-my-experience-dyno-today.html

Here is a weird part: The car runs like crazy on the street, and I cannot feel like clutch slipping (doesn't really mean that it isn't).

perry2k12

Established Member
I did in a full service shop. It was on a lift. I made sure to torque the bolts in a "star" pattern, so I believe it was installed right.

perry2k12

Established Member
Question: Could this have anything to do with the clutch cable bracket? The bracket that bolts to the fender, in the middle of the cable has never been bolted down since I got the car. If that bracket is hanging loose, could it have anything to do with the clutch pedal sucking down like that?

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
check out this thread...
this guy doesnt really say anything about his clutch pedal going to the floor, but he does say that his clutch is slipping. he also installed the clutch his self, i believe. near the end of the thread, he finds out what is causing the clutch to slip. i think it had something to do with grease from the pressure plate and ring not getting cleaned all the way off. check it out, and see if maybe yours is slipping from the same thing? i dunno...just a thought.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/driveline-216/845906-promotion-clutch-help.html

perry2k12

Established Member
check out this thread...
this guy doesnt really say anything about his clutch pedal going to the floor, but he does say that his clutch is slipping. he also installed the clutch his self, i believe. near the end of the thread, he finds out what is causing the clutch to slip. i think it had something to do with grease from the pressure plate and ring not getting cleaned all the way off. check it out, and see if maybe yours is slipping from the same thing? i dunno...just a thought.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/driveline-216/845906-promotion-clutch-help.html

Thanks a lot for the link man... I posted on there asking about it.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
no prob bro!

hope you are able to find what is causing your issue, and are able to get er' fixed!

keep us posted/updated! good luck!

:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread