clutch pedal ?

MoPony

Established Member
Is there anyway to adjust where the clutch pedal grabs ?
Mine grabs about 1/2 " off the floor.Someone else mentioned it .
And for me,it sure does affect my shifting abilities :xpl: .Ive had sticks all my life (wife had an automatic once )this is the toughest one Ive ever had.Course this is my 1st 35k car thats 3grand more than my 1st house.Back to the piont it shifts fine just that the grab is real close to the floor .Limiting my room for error.Prob. just my old butt .But a little more room to shift would help me .
I hate turning this car off at nite ,I need more sleep
thanks
Mopony :beer:

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
MoPony,
I think there is a procedure in the owner's manual about adjusting the clutch. Someone here was talking about it.
You pull UP on the clutch pedal.......

I wish I knew exactly where the procedure is ....

sn8kbite

Established Member
With the car shut off and the shifter in first gear,pull upwards on the clutch pedal until it stops,slowly press down on the pedal.
If the clutch is out of adjustment you will hear the self adjuster under the dash make a click noise.
Thats it.

cobra racing

Established Member
There is a guy from the GTAMC board who's 03 was delivered aug, 29 with bad clutch problems, he is still trying to have it rectified. The factory self adjuster should do it's job if the clutch pressure and cable is ok.

GTAMC post

jtfx6552

Established Member
I may be mistaken, but I think the procedure described above can only make the clutch grab closer to the floor when the paw can catch the next tooth on the quadrant.

I layed underneath mine and nutzed around with it by pushing the paw away from the quadrant and 'rotating" the quadrant relative to the paw. Mine grabs a little higher, and I still seem to have 1 to 1 1/2 inches of free play at the top.
I may go with a firewall adjuster, See this thread on the corral:
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158111

JT

Last edited:

cobra racing

Established Member
When the clutch pedal is pulled upwards, it releases the locking pawl that rests against the quadrant. this aloows the pedal to rise (or center itself with the proper pressure) when not adjusted properly

bender460

Established Member
Mine is the same. When I drive it hard (gets hot)it will not go into gear,well it will with much effort. So it's one run at a time. My shifting style had to totaly change because of this. Dealer has been working on this for a mounth now with no results. They did do some things to it. I think the only way to solve it would be an adjustable cable and aluminum quadrant.

Users who are viewing this thread