clutch pedal

red 04

sick 04
Established Member
hi i have a 1993 Liincoln Mark VIII and im transplanting a T-45. does anyone know where i can find a clutch pedal assembly for a T- bird supercoupe. since its the same body it fits. thanks.

Cobrarthunder

Established Member
You may want to reconsider on that project. The pedal is sometimes hard to come by for one. and in a Mark8 the floor pan and firewall is different from the MN12 platform (yours is an FN10) there is a bulge right where the pedal would need to stroke to the floor. You might end up beating/cutting the floor/firewall out a tad to get it to work. Just an FYI. Chris

red 04

sick 04
Established Member
Cobrarthunder said:
You may want to reconsider on that project. The pedal is sometimes hard to come by for one. and in a Mark8 the floor pan and firewall is different from the MN12 platform (yours is an FN10) there is a bulge right where the pedal would need to stroke to the floor. You might end up beating/cutting the floor/firewall out a tad to get it to work. Just an FYI. Chris

ya. i did find one. i cant remember what the company was but i know its going ot be a lot of work. i planned on that. so far i got the drivshaft out and the transmission drained so i have to unbolt it. but the top bolts are very hard to get at im hoping that i can get them without droping the engine but im almost there. thanks for the advice though.

Cobrarthunder

Established Member
try placing the jack under the trans towards the rear, and taking the crossmember bolts out. then you can lower the transmission a bit to gain more room at the top to get the bolts. And you prolly did this, but the exhaust has to be off too...lol. Be sure you have all the wire harness disconnected and removed, along with the shifter linkage, and dipstick tube as well. Chris

red 04

sick 04
Established Member
thanks for the info. ya i did that i finaly got the tranny out last week. i have been put on hold because i need flyweel bolts and no one has them. i bought the shifter extension from tccoa and it dont work that is a real nice peace you have. do you know where i can get one. i am not using the hydralic setup. too much of a pain in the ass. i am using a custom cable from www.ronmorrisperformance.com do you know how to get the harnes out of the car. i am stuck. haha. its a pain in the ass but i love it. thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread