Clutch problems on 5.0

Itsdafiveoh

Established Member
Hey everyone, just bought my 2011 Mustang GT 6Spd Manual a few weeks back and LOVE the car. Black on black, nice and simple.

However, I did begin to start having some clutch issues with the car. The gears would clunk when shifting and the clutch isnt fully disengaging. The clutch pedal actually got stuck to the floor and resonated while WOT and attempting to shift from 2nd to 3rd.

Has anyone else been having these issues? Where it seems the gears require force to get them in? I can be rolling at 5mph and attempt to shift between 1st, 2nd, 3rd and it requires force and will clunk. Did drop the car off at the dealer today so we'll see what they say, but I just want the car back so I can enjoy it :burnout:

03Cobra1979

Established Member
I have had this same issue. Take it to ford ASAP. All the dowels were broken between the pressure place and clutch.

Some threads to reference.

Huge Clutch Problem

My car is in for warranty work...

[ame=http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43563]Odd clutch pedal issue?? - WWW.S197FORUM.COM[/ame]

[ame=http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43578]Another 2011 Clutch Issue - WWW.S197FORUM.COM[/ame]

[ame=http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1250154]Clutch stay engaged even with the pedal completely to the floor. - Corral.net : Ford Mustang Forums[/ame]

stang1971

Established Member
i had this same issue and upgraded to a mcloed... if ford issues a tsb about this stuff being defective.. im gonna bitch and get reimbursed.

Itsdafiveoh

Established Member
Got the car back today. They said there is an updated clutch pedal assembly that they ordered and will take a few days to get in. Fine, Ill accept that. However, they told me the clunking/forcing into gears is normal and a characteristic of the new drivetrain setup. Huh??? It didnt do it when I first got it!!

:bash:

RSKtakR

Established Member
Ford does have a new design/update for the flywheel/presure plate, but the new design wont be available until 10/30/10. my care was diagnosed w/ the same presure plate/flywheel issue today.

Itsdafiveoh

Established Member
I know its part of my problem but my dealer refuses to say its an issue. Dont know if I should just take it to a different dealer or what.

RSKtakR

Established Member
I know its part of my problem but my dealer refuses to say its an issue. Dont know if I should just take it to a different dealer or what.

your service advisor is retarded then and you should go to his boss, or just goto a different dealership.. this IS an issue that is covered under warranty... both 5.0's (including mine) locally have the same problem, and this is ALL over the internet. Mine is the first my dealership has heard of this problem to.. but they didnt give me any BS whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread