clutch problems

fiveoh

Established Member
I am having a problem with my clutch or something im not sure what exactly is wrong. When i am on a slight hill going down hill it wont go into any gear but, if i drift up a little bit then it goes right in. First i thought it was my synchros going but that wouldnt make sense if it wont go into any gear. right? I just had a centerforce dual friction installed about a year and half ago and i dont drive the car that hard. Could it be the stock clutch quadrant? Could it be my fluid is low? It just started a couple days ago and every day it seems like it is getting worse. Any information would be helpful. Thanks

PowerCobra98

Yes, mine is better.
Established Member
Your stop bolts may be loose on your shifter and may have backed out not allowing for you to get fully into gear. Take the boot off and double check those bolts and reset them.

sssSnake 01

Established Member
Might try adjusting the clutch under the dash. Free fix if it works and only takes a couple of minutes to find out if it is any help.

Last edited:

BlackGT

SVT God
Established Member
i just got a new clutch installed on my clutch what would be a good break in period? any information would be greatly appreciated! thanks.

sssSnake 01

Established Member
For organic street discs try breaking in the clutch for 200-300 miles with mild engagement such as stop and go city driving prior to racing or spirited driving.

Discs usually require a few hard slips to lap in the surfaces prior to normal driving or racing. Do not overheat the clutch during the break in period.

Try this

Last edited:

BlackGT

SVT God
Established Member
haha i re read my post and i said something incorrectly i meant to just put That i had just gotten a new clutch installed and what would be a good break in period, sorry for the mix up

fiveoh

Established Member
I checked my tranny fluid it was full and looked fine. I changed it any way and adjusted my clutch cable and checked my stop bolts and still doesnt want to go into gear sometimes. and yes my clutch is fully disengaging when the pedal is depressed. I asked my local mechanic and he said it could be that the output shaft is putting pressure in the transmission. He said try putting on polyurethane transmission mounts. Do u guys think this will fix the problem? Has anyone had similar problems? If u can tell me anything it will help thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread