clutch question??

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
Has anyone experienced I guess what I'll call a chatter feeling in the clutch pedal under acceleration? If I just lightly rest my foot on the clutch pedal I can feel quite a vibration while under heavy acceleration............ Is this normal.?

stang99

Yes, I was noticing that today, but, I really don't remember if it was always that way, or just since I ate my clutch. I don't rest my foot on my clutch pedal ordinarily, but, since my TOB has been screaming, I put my foot on the clutch lightly to test if all the noise went away. It did so I knew that it was a TOB problem. That's when I also discovered the vibration that you are describing. I'll see if it goes away after I put a new clutch and TOB in the car.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I think it is a normal charecteristic of the clutch assembly. I bitched for a year and they finally replaced the clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel with the new revised version and I have the same shit.

I think it's a combination of individual driving habits and too much torque. I'm gonna suck it up and replace the clutch with a spec 2/3 the next time around.

Users who are viewing this thread