Clutch Rattle result: A whole new Clutch Assembly

Orange Poison

Established Member
Ok guys, here is the verdict:

A few days ago, I posted a problem with my clutch pedal rattling. Well, I took my car in on Saturday and had the tech drive and inspect my car.

It was determined by the tech that a whole new clutch assembly is need....:( Warped clutch I believe he said

And to make things worse, the tech found out that the Hydralic booster is leaking and needs replacing which is a 2-3 hour job. I know the tech is not snowing me since I did find some fluid on my garage floor.

Well, my car is going in the shop sometime during the week for the repairs and I'm worried that they don't scratch my car!

For the misforturnate people on this board who had the same problem and fix, how long did it take and we're they careful with your car?

BTW: What the hell is a Hydralic Booster?

Tony

jrh99

Established Member
Red Hot,

Did your clutch only rattle or chatter when the car was warmed up? Mine is smooth as glass till the car warms up and then it chatters away.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
What he said plus:

The hydraulic booster is necessary because you don't have the normal vacuum source available to operate the brake booster. This is because the engine has a supercharger. The hydraulic power is tapped off of the power steering pump.

Dana

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
Damn, I gotta find a way to get my car to the dealership, will prolly just have to wait till the snow is gone, months from now.

Orange Poison

Established Member
jrh99,

My clutch started chattering from the onset.....meaning when I pulled it off the lot. I didn't pay much attention to this, since I was too excited about getting the car.

The chatter never went away like some others here have claimed.

Until recently, my clutch started rattling which annoyed the piss outta me.

So it's going in this week. I'm bummed, but at least I'll get it fixed for free.

Tony

390 pony

I just got my car back with the same problem dealership replaced clutch,tob,preasure plate . It was there for a week because wrong part ordered two times. the result was no more vibration in clutch pedal , no scratches or dings. dealership called me everyday to inform me on situation so I could get some sleep at night

CaliCobra

Established Member
Well, glad to hear that you got an outcome you wanted. You didnt mention the chatter that I remeber though, that is never a good thing. A pulsing pedal with chatter is definately a warp of some kind and explains the pulsing.

The rattling is just a collateral deal, so dont worry if you have a little when you get it back, it may do it down the road but doesnt mean anything all by itself.

I'm sure getting rid of the chatter and pulsing will be nice. Did you car have some miles on it when you bought it? Sounds like someone was practicing their launches on a new clutch.

That is cool that Ford didnt claim abuse, or on the others either. New clutches are hard to get on warranty claims.

Good luck man...let us know how it turns out

:thumbsup:

390 pony

clutch

yes part # listed was not the same part # on the clutch but got the car back and it is good as new and clutch pedal is not as hard to push in as before

Orange Poison

Established Member
Cali, my car had 11 miles on it....When I went to go pick it up it was all dirty with the tape on the bumpers still. The plastics had been removed from the seats though.

You never know, some dealer jerk could have abused it. Funny you mention it, the tech had told me this usually happens when someone does a severe burnout. Hmmmm......no use crying over spilled milk.....what's done is done....now the only thing is to get it fixed. I will also be getting the Hydra Booster replaced at the same time.

I still love my car....

Users who are viewing this thread