Clutch suggestions requested please ???

97RRCOBRA

Established Member
Hey all! I was wondering if you could suggest a good performance clutch that doesnt have ANY clutch chatter, right now I have a really heavy clutch that chatters like crazy!! It cam eon the car so I dont know what brand it is. So any suggestions would be appreciated. Thxs! :thumbsup:

TREADMARKS

Established Member
Originally posted by 97RRCOBRA
Hey all! I was wondering if you could suggest a good performance clutch that doesnt have ANY clutch chatter.

I had the same problem. 50,000 miles on a stock clutch that chattered like crazy, and had a stiff pedal.

I bought the 11" Cobra clutch upgrade from Steeda. It came with flywheel, clutch disc, pressure plate and throw out bearing. Everything fit perfect, less pedal effort and no chatter.

Good Luck.

TREADMARKS

I

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
I blew up a centerforce clutch.....the whole front section broke into hundreds of pieces. I had the best luck with a king cobra and run a spec stage 3 now, but a stage 2 should work fine. good luck

Poiznus

Super Cool SVT Poster
Established Member
I run a Spec stage3, which is not the easiest thing to drive normal with but it does hold the power great. So, I suggest you get the Spec stage2.

97RRCOBRA

Established Member
Alrighty, well it looks like Im going to go for the Spec Stage 2 clutch within the next two months, thxs for all your help guys! Oh does anyone think its worth the extra coin to go with a diffrent flywheel ???

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
If you have the extra $$$$ it is a good idea, but not necessary. If you plan on doing it later do it now since you'll have everything pulled apart. You should have the face re-surfaced if you use the stock flywheel.

gaffer97

Established Member
I am running a SPEC Stage II in my Cobra...Put in the UPR Extreme FW adjuster, Triple quadrant, and new OEM cable with the resurfaced flywheel at the same time. Holds like crazy.

Enjoy!!

SnakeDriver97

Newly Minted Ensign
Established Member
I have a SPEC stage II as well and love it. If you want the aluminum flywheel put it on at the same time.

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
I can do the whole swap in about three hours. I've changed it so many times I know every size bolt ect. pretty sad

97RRCOBRA

Established Member
So lemme get this straight, If I go there get lunch and beer (umlimited) youll do my clutch and flywheel !!! If so Its a deal, Ill be there within the next two months..... With a crapload of beer!

Users who are viewing this thread