Clutch/trans problem in '09

DrGT500

Chronic Bad Attitude
Established Member
So, ok, I probably can't see the forest for the trees, but here goes.

I have an 09 GT500, bought new in 2008. Approx 28,000 miles driven in what I'd consider a fairly conservative manner relative to what the car was built for. Anyway, everything was fine up until a couple weeks ago.

I was out for a weekend cruise. Transmission shifting fine, no clutch slippage, no extraneous noises that shouldn't be there, etc. So I parked her, popped it on the battery tender as I always do and went in for a :beer:.

Last night I hop in, start her up, go to slip it into gear and... uhhh... :shrug:. She won't go into gear, any gear, with the engine running. Kill the ignition and you can sit and slip it through the gears as much as you'd like. But, start it up and no go. It absolutely won't even start to budge into any gear. I, uhh.... don't have a clue why?

Anyone run into this problem before? I tried searching here on SVTP but I'm not finding anything/anyone with the same or similar problem. :poke:

Thoughts?

Thanks,
DocGT

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
What happens if you try to start the car up with the clutch in all the way with the transmission in gear (any gear) and then let out the clutch?

tvspower

Established Member
IMHO Not good news.... Tons of info around on your problem... But .. My 08 did the same .. I had to have stock clutch and assembly replaced and the trans rebuilt under the TSB for 07 - 09 yrs... They installed the newer version and have run for over 30000 miles with no problem SO FAR .. Now with new VMP TVS I expect to be installing a McLeod RXT SOON.... You play .. you pay... GL... :beer:

Imatk

Established Member
The EXACT same thing happened to me.

Drove the car and it drove perfectly.

Stopped, parked, and came back out and the car wouldn't go into gear.

On mine the clutch disc where the input shaft went in was actually cracked.

I got my clutch replaced and it drives fine again... but very strange as I've never had a clutch go out like that.

DTSVT03

Why try?
Established Member
Just had my clutch/flywheel replaced as well right at 27k miles on my 09 as well. Is there any way to adjust where the clutch engages? Mine is almost at the very top of the pedal when you're about to take your foot off the pedal.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The EXACT same thing happened to me.

Drove the car and it drove perfectly.

Stopped, parked, and came back out and the car wouldn't go into gear.

On mine the clutch disc where the input shaft went in was actually cracked.

I got my clutch replaced and it drives fine again... but very strange as I've never had a clutch go out like that.

Didn't you have a post/thread with photos of it as well?

Users who are viewing this thread