Clutch upgrade advice please

twistedneck

Established Member
Exedy is a single disc. not a dual (will be coming out soon though) You can also use it with your stock flywheel. Does not require a billet. They also only make a lightweight steel flywheel too which will work on McLeod and Exedy products.

Fine if they are not out yet, but they call it a twin on their website and in this video..

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSRQN7_iRWU"]Exedy's new Cerametallic Twin Plate Clutch Kits released at SEMA 2011 - YouTube[/nomedia]

and it looks amazing too bad you can't have it visible in some way its a thing of beauty.

rickrubin2

Established Member
I have a 2011 Mustang GT 401A 6spd 30,107 Miles ( I know thats alot it pains me I have had it since the late summer of 2010 )
Mods:
-SCT Tuner ( currently sporting BBR tunes )
-Boss 302 Intake
-Airraid Intake
-NX Plate Kit 150hp Shot
-3:31 Gears ( prolly should get 3.73 )
-JLt oil Sep
-BBR o /xpipe
-Flowmaster American Thunders axle back ( I am gonna get rid of them for the Borla cat back after the rest of the car is done TRUST ME )
-BBR LCA relocation brakets
-BBR LCA,s
-JPC Sway bar Recolation kit

-On the way is race star wheels front runners and 15x 10's with MT E/T Street 275-50 15s and BBR pan hard bar and double adj UCA and BBR subframes.
As far as dialing the car to perfection I am not going to be able to drive from Kentucky to Boca Raton so I will have the Nitrous and fuel Dyno tuned in at Dynospeed in Memphis on March 5th 2012
( Chris Jones does to an amazing tuning job my car has been modded since the first day I got it and its been BBR all the way I highly recommend them its just that I am super picky about my nitrous and timing and AF I am bulding this car on a low buget and cant afford a mishap in the engine.)

I am going to need a clutch I already know that, the stock one is fine now but not after the first time i dump that bastard on radials. I just cant get over the fact that I think I might be getting shoved around by different vendors, everyone I call only recommeds their brand ( OBVIOUSLY ) I just want the best one for my money to be honest so I have narrowed it down

Spec Stage 3+:rockon: (or) McLeod RST Twin Disc:pepper:

There is a serious price difference as you know and I really just wanna get the Spec but if its gonna be shit i need to know. . .I just hate to spend that much especially since I am going to need a stupid expensive driveshaft that wont come flying through my car.

The basic concept is I am looking to hit a 10.99 or better in the 1/4m and thats it and I think I am on the way just dont know what to do about this damned clutch.

Go twin disc all the way Dynospeed will recommend it also it is an awesome clutch....and they will take good care of you joe is an awesome and helpfull guy

Users who are viewing this thread