Clutch Warranty Work?

JimyLew03

Established Member
Does anyone know if Ford is supposed to use NEW parts when warranty work is done???
I had the TOB noise real bad and took it in to have it looked at along with a few other items (seat squeak & condensation in both the brake led and fog light). When I picked up the car today I noticed that both clutch pieces, disc & plate were REMFG on the invoice! I brought it to the service managers attention and was told that Ford only sends them remfg'd clutch parts for these repairs. Anyone have a similiar experience? Seems strange that they would replace a wear item with a remfg one. Maybe I shouldn't complain, they also replaced my T-56 with a brand new one. It seems the sleeve or snout that the input shaft comes through was broken or cracked at the case. Other than that, a positive dealer experience, replaced both lights, and the TSB on the seat squeak fixed the problem. It still just barely touches but the squeak is gone. Sorry so long, Thanks for any input....
BTW, the new tranny is much quieter especially at lower rpm's.

stang99

Here we go. Ford as a general rule using remfg parts for warranty work, but they will not allow the Tremec to be repaired? Whats up with that?

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
Here we go. Ford as a general rule using remfg parts for warranty work, but they will not allow the Tremec to be repaired? Whats up with that?

:shrug: You got me. When they repolace the tranny, its a reman as well. The tranny they want to sell me is....GET THIS....a $3000 REMAN :cuss: :xpl:

Sorry for hijacking the thread Jimy :(

JimyLew03

Established Member
Guru,
No problem, thanks for the input. I read your thread, sorry to hear about all they are putting your through. Seems like we both had the same problem with this input shaft sleeve, makes you wonder how many of the numerous TOB problems might be caused by the this bad tranny part and not the overly strong clutch spring plate. BTW, they must of replaced my clutch with an original remfg clutch kit because it feels as stiff as ever. Also, only mods were UPR CAI / Borla exhaust and lots of billet engine dress-up, they checked it all out but asked no questions... Best of luck getting your situation resolved.

JimyLew03

Established Member
BTW,
A little off the subject, but always insist that test drives be done by the tech servicing your car ONLY and ensure the service writer knows that you know how many miles are on the car at drop off.
I thought I had covered all my bases when I get a call at 11am this morning that my car was finally ready after 10 days. I tell him I can't make it until 2pm and he says fine it will give my detailer time to clean it up. Arrive at dealer 2pm, first thing I check are the miles, 9170 and I dropped it at 9162. Only 8 miles total, not bad until I get it home and looking more closely at the invoice in at 9162 miles, out at 9165. Damn wash boy took it for a 5 mile cruise! Not the end of the world, just pissed me off...

pgordon

Established Member
I took my car into Team ford, dealer in Las Vegas. It has the IRS pop, they drove it 30 miles and did not fix the problem. I thought about complaining to ford, but do not think it would do any good. Sure some one took it for a joy ride.

NukeX

My Shit Got Keyed, Yo
Established Member
I leave a post-it note on the guage cluster for them when I take my vehicles in. "I know how many miles were on this car when I left it, and I am a lawyer" seems to work so far :-D

Users who are viewing this thread