Clutch whining?

PDubs

Established Member
You know when your belts need tightening, they make that repeating high-pitched squeak over and over? Well it seems as though I have a similar noise caused by my clutch. It doesn't seem to matter if it's hot or cold out either.

What happens is this: Car is cold started in neutral of course, and you hear a slight noise. Then as I rest my foot on the clutch pedal, the noise gets a little louder. Then I engage the clutch and the noise is gone. I can't tell if the noise is still there when the car's in gear and moving, but it's definitely there at idle when the clutch is not engaged, and sometimes there when the clutch is fully engaged (although that happens sporadically).

Any ideas? I never powershift the car, and it has only seen the track once for three passes and no street racing. Dealer couldn't reproduce the problem.

pgordon

Established Member
Just had the TOB replaced on mine at 8k miles. Symptoms where
1. slight high pitched noise at idle, noise goes away with clutch pushed in. The noise is not that loud so sometimes kind of hard to hear. They said the TOB was warn out and replaced it.

Users who are viewing this thread