Clutch

SHELBY-R

Established Member
im going to put a clutch in the car. what clutch should i get.the stock clutch is not going to last long with much power. the car is making 820rwhp and 803rwtq :shrug::shrug:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
im going to put a clutch in the car. what clutch should i get.the stock clutch is not going to last long with much power. the car is making 820rwhp and 803rwtq :shrug::shrug:

what did the search turn up?

i would use the first clutch up first. from what i have heard its a good one.

CAT600

Clutchless T56 is GO!
Established Member
My tuner has an AP racing twin plate clutch (240mm or 9.5") with cerametallic facings in his Typhoon over here in Aus.

It makes 740 rwhp and 840 rwtq and has performed faultlessly. I believe it is the same clutch that the GT supercar runs so it should bolt straight onto your (or the GT's) flywheel

Does the GT500 use a hydraulic clutch?

Daniel

R1Lello

Established Member
Contact SPEC.......they have a new dual plate for the GT500.........holds about 1200 torque/ 1000 hp

HARLEYDEALER

Established Member
I have been running a Spec 5 since last July with that power and its the only thing that has not broke todate, of course its a new day. It made the car rumble alot leaving from a dead stop, but most of it is gone now, it won't slip, thats good and at times thats real bad! Bill

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
I have been running a Spec 5 since last July with that power and its the only thing that has not broke todate, of course its a new day. It made the car rumble alot leaving from a dead stop, but most of it is gone now, it won't slip, thats good and at times thats real bad! Bill

Bill: What happened to the stock clutch?? Why did you go single disk vs. the twin disk set-up like the stock unit? BTW, have you got the car to go 9's yet? If you remember, we spoke over the phone about your car and my upcoming KB Super Snake about a month or so ago. Thanks for any info.

Users who are viewing this thread