Clutchless T56, T45

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
Maybe not a factory or aftermarket option just yet, but a company called Zeroshift has turned a few Tremecs into true clutchless manuals and performed flawlessly. No electronics, no hydraulics, no fancy wizbangery. You bang gears just like you normally would, but NO clutch. Lemme back up; you use the clutch to launch, but after that you don't need it. And before anyone chimes in with "yea well pro stock guys and other have been using this for decades..." those trannies are not the same as what I'm talking about, and aren't the most streetable, you know that. One day this should be an easily obtainable retrofit for the US. Here's where I first noticed this:
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52564&page=1&pp=15 I know the thread is a little old

A little more info:
http://www.pistonheadstv.com/images/ZeroShift_RacecarEng_0204.pdf

This info is roughly a year old and obviously this hasn't hit the US market yet as far as I know. I'm pretty sure it's already a retrofit in the UK for TVRs. I don't know about anyone else but I get all giddy at the thought of this. I was going to switch to an auto but if this hits the market in the near future, I'm sold. Zeroshift wants to partner up with overseas distributors so I would suggest that any distributors here who like this idea, to go to www.zeroshift.com and sign up!

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Ford has a paddle shifted T56 floating around. They gave one to the one female racer who could not use her legs. I believe the Aston Martin uses it as well.

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
That was a one-off partnership between Tiger Racing and Ford's Mobility program. It's not available for consumers. What I'm talking about IS available to the public, just not in the US yet.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
There were rumors a while back that the cobra could get Astons paddle shift which in a few cases has been rated better than ferarris.

rezcobra

Established Member
I'm not absolutely sure but I think Joe Lynch races his 99 Cobra with a clutchless setup, and drives the car on the street. He posts alot on BON.

COBRASVT

Established Member
Kovachian said:
Maybe it's the price. 10 grand isn't cheap for a fancy tranny hehe

Holly cow .. I didn't see that. I'll wait for the hydraulic kit to come out... $400 as opposed to $10,000...yeah!

Users who are viewing this thread