cobra axles?

whateverittakes

Established Member
Are the 93 cobra axles the same as a foxbody axle? I know the cobra has disc on the back and the fox has drum. Thinking about changing the cobra back to 4 lug.

rw93cobra

Established Member
93 cobra axles are a little longer than the regular fox body drum brake axles. If your looking to replace them, moser makes a set of axles especially for the 93 cobra.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
I would suggest finding someone to trade their 93 cobra setup for your late model cobra setup. You will have a lot of parts to track down. Disks, brackets, calipers, parking brake lines, rear lines, dust shields, etc.

You could always get the repro five lug 93 cobra rims and you would be golden. And probably come out less expensive.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Go to Web Page Re-director and find the wheels and tires forum. There is a thread in there for the repro wheels.

One thing to note: it is a custom version with five lugs. It will require a deposit and it will take a while before the order will be completed. And it is only available in silver.

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
87-88 turbocoupe thunderbird uses the same rearend. They tend to be cheaper since the word cobra is not on it. Plus you benefit factory gears either 3.55 from a manual car or 3.73's from a automatic car.

justinreinke

Established Member
If you want I swapped to 5 lug in the rear already and am waiting for warmer weather to swap the front over but I was planning on selling the whole setup to offset the cost of my 5-lug big brake stuff. Make me a reasonable offer if interested. I have everything from a fully functioning driver. Axle shafts, brackets, backing plates, moan tabs, calipers with ford insignia pads and rotors. Rotors are aftermarket slotted though and it may need some new pads. The flexable lines are still on my car because even though my rear kit uses the same calipers it is a big kit made for an sn95 car and I need the adapters to use the longer SN95 hoses. When I do the fronts it will have everything as well with the spindles. I will try to just leave it all together.

I am not soliciting just trying to help out. So excuse me if this is inappropriate. All of them I see on eBay everyone makes you buy everything seperate and it is tough to gather all of the parts needed at once.

Users who are viewing this thread