Cobra bob belt reference help...

JustinG60

Terminatorless : (
Established Member
http://stangshiftergaskets.com/BeltSelectionGuide.htm

so that page is awesome and very helpful, so thanks for that and the gaskets!

but i am going to have a 90mm, 100mm, metco 100mm aux idler, and a 2.80 pulley... i assume i need a 74.5" belt? that site says 1 - 92mm and 2 - 100mm idlers but it doesn't say if ones supposed to be an aux idler or not...

sorry i know... this stuff is like beating a dead horse... but i did serach but searching isn't quite as useful when you really aren't sure what words to search for and everything i tried came back basically irrelevant... well a much different setup than me basically...

thanks for the help and hopefully i can get an answer quick so i can get this thread out of you way around here... THANKS!
Justin

JustinG60

Established Member
...still looking for an answer... all i am finding is people saying they're running a 100mm aux idler with a 2.8RR pulley with a 74" belt... which is what i have a 2.80 and a 100mm but i also have a 90mm and a 100mm idler (the ones right below the charger and on both sides of the pully...) i guess i'm gonna get a 74? and if it doesn't work try a 74.5?

JustinG60

Established Member
yeh my dilemma is i have 2 100mm and one 90mm and all the bels i have seen are for 3 100's and 1 90mm

but i do apreciate the help, i had forgot billet flow has a reference... maybe i'll just scrap all my pullies and go with all new billet flow pullies...

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
JustinG60 said:
yeh my dilemma is i have 2 100mm and one 90mm and all the bels i have seen are for 3 100's and 1 90mm

but i do apreciate the help, i had forgot billet flow has a reference... maybe i'll just scrap all my pullies and go with all new billet flow pullies...
So, you only replaced two of the three OEM idler pullies??? The difference in belt needs between a 92 mm and a 100 mm idler pulley is insignificant and you shouldn't even enter it into the equation.

Users who are viewing this thread