Cobra dual pumps ? WTF

Lou02stang

Established Member
I have been searching for awhile now and am really confused now that I seen a chart posted by Kenne Bell. According to the chart a single cobra pump at 12v and 60psi only flow 104 lph, while a stock 2v pump flows 149lph so really if I replace my two cobra pumps with 2v pumps it is an upgrade. He also continues on and says that dual cobra pumps and Bap are good for 750hp.

So a single aeromotive 325lph that flows 275lph at 13.5v 60psi is better then dual cobra pumps that only flow 204 at the same 13.5v 60psi.

I am asking because I have a dual cobra hat with pumps a modified FPDM and a tank that I am about to install in my GT. I also have a single aeromotive 325 currently in my car now, so installing the cobra pumps and tank are really a downgrade to my current set up. I am looking for 650hp from a single turbo set up

http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/Common/pdfs/fuelpumptech.pdf

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've always taken KB's data with a grain of salt. Obviously they're going to bias the data to show their products as the stuff to get. From my experience a BAP with stock pumps will get into the mid 600's. That's just my experience though. I had twin GT pumps with a wire upgrade get me into the mid 600's on my last set up. I'm still running those pumps in my current 04.

Do some searching around on here. I'm sure you'll find tons of info on pumps and how far guys have pushed them.

Users who are viewing this thread