cobra dying NEED HELP

96svtcobra

Established Member
i gave my car a tune up about a year ago (~10000 miles ago). new fuel filter, motorcraft copper plugs (22C) gapped .54, live wires, sreamin demon coil packs, cleaned fuel injectors. now my car has it 100000 miles and now it falls flat on its face at about 5800-6000 and will not go past that. does anyone know what the problem could be and any suggestions on how to fix it?

thanks

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
check the plugs, its been my experience that these cars eat plugs up pretty quickly. Plugs are super cheap and should probably always be the first thing to change.

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
Mine was acting like a dog starting at about 4000 RPM...that kinda feeling when you think..."whoa, there's something wrong with my car". Swapped out the fuel filter and it runs like a beast again. 7 dollars for the filter and 6 for the tool you need to change it. It's tacked to the underside of the body between the fuel tank and rear axle.

96svtcobra

Established Member
fuel filter gone bad in like 10000 miles? my car really runs rich. could that have an affect on the rpm range where it is cutting out?

Users who are viewing this thread