Cobra Grill

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
Just bought one from Blue Oval Industries (made from Ford tooling like the original) because the one on my car is after market. Problem is, I don't know where to get the back part to mount it properly. Anyone know where I can find one in good shape used or another made from Ford tooling.?

Last edited:

01SVT2894

Established Member
Just bought one from Blue Oval Industries (made from ford tooling like the original) because the one on my car is after market. Problem is, I don't know where to get the back part to mount it properly. Anyone know where I can find one in good shape used or another made from Ford tooling.?
care to elaborate a little on this?
i've had two of these before... one was a really poor reproduction and one was from 50resto, made with Ford tooling.... never installed either though. what is the back part you're talking about?

93SVTCobra

Established Member
No one makes the backing part to my knowledge. My guess is that it was "lost" with a few other tools (rear spoiler, etc).

The front piece is worthless without the rear piece.

01SVT2894

Established Member
still wondering what the backing part is. why is the front worthless without it? seems like you could cut a hole in your GT bumper and pop this in and viola. ???

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
The Real Cobra grill insert has the face part, and a reverse rear part that sandwiches the bumper cover. The aftermarket only sells a single face part and you adhere it with two-sided tape and rivets. The one I purchased from Blue Oval Industries is a beefy piece unlike most aftermarket items and has a Ford part number. 93SVTCobra is correct; either it will need installation like and aftermarket piece or I'll have to find a salvage piece or some NOS part somewhere.

Last edited:

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
why cant you just get a coup[le of pieces of sheetmetal bent to attach it ? on on each end where the bolts go.

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
I can and may do something like that. The one on my car is actually working fine but I want a factory part. These are the images of the front piece. The Ford number is above the top bar on the back. It came with the running horse for a total of about 70.00 shipped. I was on a website and saw an NOS 93 Cobra running horse for 225.00--current price. My current grill (on the car now) isn't nearly this thick nor braced the same way.
60021us4.jpg

dsc03489hf0.jpg

dsc03487by9.jpg

dsc03486pc5.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread