Cobra Grille Emblem

03 White Knight

I bought a Cobra Grille Emblem from Mustang Tuning for my 03. When I removed the pony, I saw that the emblem has a lower bracket that hooks into a hole in the rear of the grill area. The new Cobra one does not. It appears that all the Cobra grille emblems are the same. Since there is a hole in the plastic area of the grill the white paint shows underneath. Of course its not fully painted also (typical Ford). It is mostly hidden by the new emblem and maybe I am just not used to it but I am not sure I like this. Does anyone know of a cobra grill emblem that has the lower bracket like the original emblem or did you maybe paint the area black? Just curious. I will post some pics below.

grill1

grill2

grill3

grill4

Last edited by a moderator:

SVT04

Established Member
I also have a white 04 Cobra. When I installed my Cobra grille emblem I didnt notice the white square ..... (The lower part of the bracket was only there to support the extra weight and size of the pony emblem) ....I noticed it one day when looking at the front of my car and realizing that seeing the white square interfered with the view of the grille emblem....so I grabbed a can of black spray paint shot it ...much better now. :burnout:

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
That's what you get for buying a white car. Should of gotten black or DSG and you wouldn't have this problem at all. :beer:

GA Terminator

Established Member
Just paint it black, everybody who has switched emblems has had this, except the guys with the balck cars.

SVT04

Established Member
lukem80 said:
i would just hit it with the spray can...

or sell it and buy a black car! :D

C'mon now guys ...we know that white cars are cooler ...in more ways than one ! I had a DSG 03 GT and the darn thing was hot inside...I was running the air cond all the time ......my white Cobra is much cooler inside in the sun.....and we all know that old song that goes "black cars look better in the shade" well it's true.......I had a black 55 Chev sedan ....spent more time with the polishing trying to keep ahead of the swirl marks than driving time .....
And we all know the White Cobras are faster.... :beer: :burnout:

Sniperfox

Kopfjaeger
Established Member
SVT04 said:
C'mon now guys ...we know that white cars are cooler ...in more ways than one ! I had a DSG 03 GT and the darn thing was hot inside...I was running the air cond all the time ......my white Cobra is much cooler inside in the sun.....and we all know that old song that goes "black cars look better in the shade" well it's true.......I had a black 55 Chev sedan ....spent more time with the polishing trying to keep ahead of the swirl marks than driving time .....
And we all know the White Cobras are faster.... :beer: :burnout:
Of course they are faster...that's why NASA paints it's rockets and shuttles white!!! :banana:

03 White Knight

That's what you get for buying a white car. Should of gotten black or DSG and you wouldn't have this problem at all.

Hmmm...lets see.....black is a pain to keep up, is hot as hell, and the monochromatic effect (all the trim is black also) is boring to me. Not to mention dings, scratches and repairs (if not done right) shows up better than a fox in a hen house. Black looks nice wet and in the shade or just waxed. I can say this because I had a black car for 8 years! before my first mustang, which was a white 97 GT. As far as DSG, I love that color and would have bought that color if one was available within 120 miles. I won't buy a car I did not look over first. White is cooler, gives nice contrast, and hides any imperfections better. Even if I bought DSG, I would have had to paint the area. I thank my fellow white 03 brethen for sticking by me in this post. However, I am sure Snakebit was just being jokingly sarcastic. Hey, we all have our our preferences and remember, what ever color you have, it still is a Cobra! Maybe someone will come up with a new Cobra emblem with the second bracket to save people from having to paint the area. But I am glad I did.

Users who are viewing this thread