Cobra Grille Snake

MystCobra

Established Member
I am thinking about ordering the Cobra Snake emblem for the grille. Trying to decide between the PPI emblem (says it includes bracket) and the KarKraft emblem (no mention about a bracket). Anybody got any experience with both of these or any suggestion as to which one is better would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
I bought mine, with bracket, for $28 I think, online, from Ageclassic.com. They are out of Mesquite, TX. It is great, I love it.

ALLNTRL

Established Member
Get the KarKarft, it looks EXACTLY like the ones on the fenders and it does include the bracket. The one from PPI does NOT match the ones on the fenders as someone on here bought one from them has confirmed. I have the KarKarft and am very pleased with it. Hope that helps. :beer:

ALA G8R

Banned
Exposed body color with Cobra Grill Emblem

Removing the Pony emblem off of the 03 will expose a rectangular area of the body paint in the middle of the grill opening (in my case Sonic Blue). This is visible behind the Cobra emblem when installed. Also, I didn't like the look of the Cobra emblem in the grill opening (too small for the opening). I went back to the Pony emblem.

Just my personal preference.

MystCobra

Established Member
Thanks for your responses. I've decided to order the one from AGECLASSIC.com for the internet special price of $24.95 and give it a try...If it doesn't look OKAY I'll go back to the original til something better comes out. THANKS again!

coleman

Established Member
yup, i'm :gt: that my snake doesn't match my other emblems...

oh, and being a light colored car. one really has to paint that rectangular area that ALA G8R mentions... otherwise it could be very distracting.

ronreid03

Established Member
My car is yellow so I certainly had to cover up the space created by installing the cobra. I used a piece of thin black plastic cut from a golf ball tray and installed it in the space. No glue, just the metal holding it in. It's been in for 3500 miles with no problem.

Ron Reid
03 Yellow Cobra

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
Originally posted by MystCobra
Thanks for your responses. I've decided to order the one from AGECLASSIC.com for the internet special price of $24.95 and give it a try...If it doesn't look OKAY I'll go back to the original til something better comes out. THANKS again!
Like I said the Ageclassic.com is great, and it looks EXACTLY like the ones on the fender. Thanks for taking my advice!

Black Cobra

Established Member
I think I'm gonna stick one in my grill as well. A grill snake that is a little larger than the ones on the fender might look better...but it looks like grill snakes on the '77s were small too.

75cobra.jpg

Last edited:

Orange Poison

Established Member
You have to be careful....the one from PPI I believe is the Cobra II emblem, even though when ordering you tell the guy you have an '03 Cobra. Don't get this one! It looks retarded. The eyes look nasty and the coiled part looks cheesy as hell. Get the real one. I understand KarKraft makes the original one, or they claim they do. I ended up paying 40 bucks for mine after shipping, and still had to return the one from PPI....

COBRAJIM9999

Established Member
I have a Cobra Emblem for sale

I bought a Cobra from KarKraft and have agreed it is not the thing for me. I have it in the orginal pkg still. If someone is interested in it drop me a email and let me know. [email protected]:)

mxpicc

Established Member
Several here mention not to get the PPI emblem. Who is PPI for reference?? Thanks

FlashSVT

Established Member

Orange Poison

Established Member
Sorry...I just think letters don't work for a front grill emblem...IMHO.

I like having a symbol of some sort...something that represents or creates an image of what the car is all about. The horse or the snake work for me....

ALLNTRL

Established Member
Originally posted by mxpicc
Several here mention not to get the PPI emblem. Who is PPI for reference?? Thanks
PPI is Performance parts Inc.

Black Cobra

Established Member
Some more snake emblem photos from the past...
109.jpg

70shelby-ccus.JPG

69-70%204.jpg

Shelby GT500KR fender emblem
C9OZ16228A-B.jpg

Another Shelby fender emblem
F2497-B.jpg

A Cobra II emblem?
Cobra_1.jpg

More Cobra II
cobraii_page2.jpg

A 94-98 Cobra grill emblem from mustang unlimited
948213-B.jpg

A 94-98 Cobra grill emblem from ageclassic.com
cobra.jpg

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> Removing the Pony...of the 03 will expose a rectangular... body...in the middle of the grill opening

I untorxed the front pony grill emblem and left it off. No worries, no hassle. Looks like a snaggletooth.

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
I couldn't wait to get the pony off the front of my car. Fed-Ex just dropped off my Cobra Emblem for the front of the car. Read the posts about a special Torx but too lazy to go out and find one, so I decided to drill out the little metal pillar inside the torx screw and just use a normal torx driver to remove. Ahhh much better.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread