Cobra Hesitates Under Heavy Acceleration

Steve1578

Established Member
Just as title states, car hesitates under heavy/quick acceleration. What I mean is, if I slam on the throttle, she'll hesitate, almost "stall" a bit, and then go. If I just ease into full throttle, it accelerates fine. I just got a set of NKG plugs and am hoping that solves the problem, but was wondering what else I should look at for this issue.

McGnarly

Established Member
Don't want to sound like I'm patronizing here but does it still do this when you turn the traction control off?

Steve1578

Established Member
Don't want to sound like I'm patronizing here but does it still do this when you turn the traction control off?

Yes it does, first thing I thought when it happened, felt exactly like it cut power due to spin, but TC was off. Tried it again doing highway speeds, downshifted, rev matched, then slammed on it and it hesitated for a good second. Gonna get it tuned up and do the normal maintenance, hopefully that cures it.

McGnarly

Established Member
Yes it does, first thing I thought when it happened, felt exactly like it cut power due to spin, but TC was off. Tried it again doing highway speeds, downshifted, rev matched, then slammed on it and it hesitated for a good second. Gonna get it tuned up and do the normal maintenance, hopefully that cures it.

Just checking... Mine was doing it for a bit when I pulled it out of winter storage. Once i ran through the gas and stabilizer that was in the tank and put some fresh fuel in, it was good.

Steve1578

Established Member
Just checking... Mine was doing it for a bit when I pulled it out of winter storage. Once i ran through the gas and stabilizer that was in the tank and put some fresh fuel in, it was good.

Could be a factor as well! The car runs fine otherwise, starts good, idles fine, thinking some simple maintenance should clear it up.
Would really like to get on a dyno and have a proper tune. I have heard from countless people that the 01's come with a terrible tune.

Users who are viewing this thread