Cobra in Cape Breton

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
Had a chance to drive a Shebly Cobra replica. 331 stroker, tremec 5 speed, ~2000 lbs, lots of fun!! It unbelievable how viceral the driving experience is.

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
It would be tight! lol

I had to drive barefoot as my sandals were too wide for the tight pedal layout. Great for heal-toe but otherwise....I'm 5'10'' and there was not a lot of leg room to stretch out. But hey its a Cobra so what did I expect :)

skidad62

Established Member
Great pics! I bet it was a blast to drive! I have a friend here in Moncton that has a 427 original Shelby - and he drives it regularly... quite the beast too.

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
If you google Cape Breton, Nova Scotia you will see that this isn't exactly a major center :) which made today all the more fun because we rarely see these cars. This particular car was purchased as a casualty of a divorce. It had originally been set up to race in Quebec and came with bias ply slicks. It came out of Moncton, N.B. Current owner is pretty handy and has completely rebuilt and set the car up. He has a little more tuning to do but otherwise it drives great. I'm down visiting my inlays and he is one of the father in laws poker buddies. Took it out specifically to take me for a rip. Getting to drive was the bonus!

Users who are viewing this thread