Cobra Jet Dyno+bolt ons *video*

jn2

Established Member
Got the car dyno'd today. The pulls were made in 4th gear since I didn't want to be the next guy with a black mustang who's tire blows out on the dyno featured on 1320's page :whine: I guessed 410whp for 4th gear and got it pretty close at 406whp.

The graph is in MPH so it looks like 396whp@7,000rpm and the second pull is 406whp@7,200rpm. I had told them to take it to 7,500 so I bet there was prob a few ponies prob didn't get to come out and play.

Mods:
CJ Manifold
Twin 60mm TB
FRPP intake
Speedmaster headers
Magnaflow tru-x pipe
Bassani race axle back
stock overaxle with stock resonators

[video=youtube;q_EfkBVVUd4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_EfkBVVUd4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

IMG_7828_zpsflbd91ds.jpg

Last edited:

clc44

Established Member
The numbers seem off. I'd expect Tq to be much higher and hp to be 420-430ish. I know the hot weather didn't help! I'd go to a professional shop when it cools down and see what you get. I got 388/377 with only tune on my A6 GT.

jn2

Established Member
The numbers seem off. I'd expect Tq to be much higher and hp to be 420-430ish. I know the hot weather didn't help! I'd go to a professional shop when it cools down and see what you get. I got 388/377 with only tune on my A6 GT.

Numbers are lower because they used 4th gear instead of 5th. On an auto 3rd is your 1:1, but for the MT82 it's 5th. If you use 4th you usually see 20 less whp...So technically the car would of seen 430+ on a cool day in 5th

Not to bash you man, but doesn't the tq seem to be low? Great looking car btw?

I'm sure the car and ambient temps being hot AF didn't help in that department. The dyno was also having issues with their roller after the second car to dyno. They had to take the cover off and work on something under there twice. I'm thinking a actual dyno on a cold day in 5th gear will see more accurate results.

There was a 14' Mustang with Boss manifold, CAI, long tubes, x pipe, axle back that made 389whp just to help you guys gauge the dyno itself. His was also done in 4th. Im checking to see if he remembers what his torque was.

Last edited:

vortecd

Established Member
The gear isn't going to make that much of a difference. 3rd isn't 1:1 in a auto, 4th is close at 1.14:1

Don't worry about dyno numbers, go to the track and see what it does for mph

clc44

Established Member
The gear isn't going to make that much of a difference. 3rd isn't 1:1 in a auto, 4th is close at 1.14:1

Don't worry about dyno numbers, go to the track and see what it does for mph
Agreed! If its trapping close to 120, you're doing just fine!

Users who are viewing this thread