Cobra Jet Setup?? Best Deal

Newbomb Turk

Established Member
I'm looking for a Cobra Jet Intake, Mono jet Throttle Body, & Rev Auto CAI. Looking for someone who gives the best deals? Also is anyone running cams with this setup and was it worth it? (Power vs Cost?)

Thanks, John

SixPak

Established Member
no kit with the mono blade that I could find, only the twin bladed TB. but still a better price separately than most.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Shop around all the bigger vendors. My mono blade runs great. Only 3 tuners will touch it on coyote (5I maps) though. Lund, Aed, and Bama. Good luck.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Zinc, are you happy with your CJ?

I think I had realistic expectations going into it. It is not going to run with a FI coyote and I'm content with that. The powerband is more fun and I do not feel it lost any torque. I'm 3.15's on automatic too. I can still rip off back to back 12.1's (1500' elevation) on the stock 245 all seasons with a lot of spin on 1-2 shift. I just leave off 850 rpm idle. Lol. Needs a tire and converter to make it quicker at the track IMO.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
I'm looking for a Cobra Jet Intake, Mono jet Throttle Body, & Rev Auto CAI. Looking for someone who gives the best deals? Also is anyone running cams with this setup and was it worth it? (Power vs Cost?)

Thanks, John

Search my name for baby CJ cam info.

clc44

Established Member
I think I had realistic expectations going into it. It is not going to run with a FI coyote and I'm content with that. The powerband is more fun and I do not feel it lost any torque. I'm 3.15's on automatic too. I can still rip off back to back 12.1's (1500' elevation) on the stock 245 all seasons with a lot of spin on 1-2 shift. I just leave off 850 rpm idle. Lol. Needs a tire and converter to make it quicker at the track IMO.

I like the sound of that. I'd have realistic expectations. Would you do it again??

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
I like the sound of that. I'd have realistic expectations. Would you do it again??

Absolutely. I got a good deal on my parts. And I feel no reason to change out the headers or cams with this setup. To each his own. ;)

clc44

Established Member
I'm thinking cobra jet because I may go nx down the road. I get on it maybe once or twice a week. No since in buying a blower for that. I would use maybe a bottle every few months. Would like to have a 10 sec. At the flip of a switch. Who has both? CJ and nx?

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
https://lmr.com/item/M9424M50CJFRS/cobrajet-intake-manifold-kit-frpp-cai-1114

m9424m50cjfrs_2199.jpg

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
I know a guy selling his low mileage cobra jet kit with a mono blade and ford racing Cai for 1000$. He's local to me, Florida. He went whipple

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Other than these packages with IM, TB & CAI....what else would you need to complete this!?
Tune obviously...what about injectors?

04snakie

Established Member
Is anyone using this setup with a mono blade and nitrous? I see a lot of direct port threads but nothing on mono/twin tb and nitrous setups. If so what nitrous kits are eveyone using?

Users who are viewing this thread