cobra motor in coupe

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Motor, trans, harness, 4.6 K-Member, shortened driveshaft, and probably a few other misc items.

speed3198

BEWARE the Jabberwocky!!
Established Member
contact mps auto salvage in winder ga. theyre a mustang salvage yard, and can tell you everything. they had a really cool coupe with a mach 1 transplant last year.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I plan on doing a 03-04 cobra/t56 swap into my 89 within the next couple years. CAN'T WAIT!!!

Hey Kevin I wanted to do this mod as well BUT DAMN by the time I added everything up I could buy an 03-04 Cobra, it is still pretty pricey to do this mod for sure.:whine::whine:

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Our club just installed a 4 V in a Coupe and there is sooooo many things that just show their ugly head that it was a good thing we had a complete donor car. Tons of extra's needed that few of us knew about/

That is why I am so afraid to open up that can of worms the cost of all those little extras can add up to thousands of dollars and a lot of lost time indeed.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Hey Kevin I wanted to do this mod as well BUT DAMN by the time I added everything up I could buy an 03-04 Cobra, it is still pretty pricey to do this mod for sure.:whine::whine:

Buy a wrecked 03-04 cobra for 8-11K. Depending on whats wrecked and whats not, you can make a couple grand off selling the extra parts(interior, IRS, etc). Plus I would then be selling my current H/C/I/vortech setup as well which would net a couple grand.

I foresee the swap costing around 7K after everything is said and done.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Buy a wrecked 03-04 cobra for 8-11K. Depending on whats wrecked and whats not, you can make a couple grand off selling the extra parts(interior, IRS, etc). Plus I would then be selling my current H/C/I/vortech setup as well which would net a couple grand.

I foresee the swap costing around 7K after everything is said and done.

Yes but I can not do all the work and that is the problem i need help and it is pretty costly these days when it comes to custom mods like this. I have tossed and turned trying to figure a cost effective way to do it and I just can not come up with anything sensible.

Your idea to get a wrecked Cobra is awesome but good luck finding one that is not a complet mess, thanks for your advice thou it is appreciated.:dancenana::dancenana:

fugly

Established Member
that is the cost effective way of doing the swap...picking up a complete donor...it doesnt get any better than that...

I picked up my 98 with 32,000 for only $700

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I am in the process of trying to do the IRS conversion and then the big Brembo brake upgrade now.

Users who are viewing this thread