cobra not starting

rz5.0

Established Member
Car won't start. . Drove it last week parked the car and didn't mess with it because it broke the stock cc plate. . I was getting ready to replace it with mm cc plates. . I went to start the car and it only cranks.. i smell fuel so i just stopped.. thinking possibly the fuel pressure sensor i think that's what is called.. not sure how to check tho.. any input would be great. Thanks guys..

Blueline

Established Member
Pull the vac line coming off the FRPS and check to see if its filled with fuel or smells like fuel. Also check your oil to see if it smells like fuel. If it does change it out.

RichM1983

Established Member
Great advice but I'll add that when my FRPS failed on my last Cobra I had no fuel smell in the oil or the vac lines. I changed it and the car was fixed. I just thought it might be worth mentioning.

Blueline

Established Member
Great advice but I'll add that when my FRPS failed on my last Cobra I had no fuel smell in the oil or the vac lines. I changed it and the car was fixed. I just thought it might be worth mentioning.

I should have mentioned, they can fail mechanically by bursting the diaphram or electically. Thanks for catching that RichM1983. I think you can unplug the electrical plug and see if she starts. Any codes?

Last edited:

rz5.0

Established Member
Unpluged the frps and the car started.. thanks guys. . Off to get a new one

Users who are viewing this thread