Cobra on I-95 this morning

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Just wanted to see if this guy was on here, 96-98 style black Cobra vert, white Cobra letters on the bumper, I-95N in NE Philly. Just wanted to say thanks, you were my first run with the new heads :) Didn't get a real clean run in, but I did take him pretty good, even with having to change lanes. Not sure if he was modded, so maybe it wasn't a fair fight, but I guess that's the chance you take sometimes ;-) Gonna dyno tonight to see what I picked up with the new heads, then the intercooler goes in on Saturday :burnout:

RED99COBRA

Established Member
Fast truck. I bet you have surprised quite a few people in it. There is a blown Dakota running around here but everytime I see it I am in my company car.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Thanks guys :) Yeah, it surprises a lot of people, but a lot of times I can't even get a race, guess most ppl don't think it's worth the gas to race a truck (especially vette owners, I've only gotten one to race me) :D Should be good for some nice 11's with the new heads and intercooler, and it's daily driven with a/c and all the options :beer:

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
I have one vid of a street race between me, an '03 Cobra and a WRX, Goat shot the vid for me. It's not the best, but I guess I could put it up (not sure how tho). I took the Cobra from the roll, but he caught me after we hit triple digits. That was before the heads and with a leaky headgasket. I'm gonna try to get some vids on Sunday at the track, cause if I do hit 11's I want it documented :)

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Good luck aiming for the 11s thats one sick R/T. What heads did you end up using? Ported stock, R/T, KRC, Hughes or some you had worked locally? 2.02s? what cam do you have in it? I have the KRC 220 (220/230 @50 .507/507 lift 110 centerline 114* LSA) in mine, wish you could hear it, sounds mean. For being CPU controlled it sounds awesome. Anyways good luck and post up some slips, vid would be nice but Im on slowazz dial up. ttyl mpp97sst aka 99cobra2881

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Thanks! I have ported/polished R/T 2.02's with extra port work on the exhaust side for the blower. I bought them used (less than 3K miles on them), but they were originally ported by John Mercedes' port guy Van, he does really nice work. I'm still running the stock cam with 1.7's right now, have a cam on the way, nothing too wild, still fairly pcm friendly. I had a leaky headgasket tho, so I went ahead and did the heads first, got tired of putting water in the damn thing every day LOL It's actually running really good on the stock cam, obviously not the optimal setup, but it'll work for now. I'm dynoing tonight, hoping for good numbers, but more interested in a/f before I go race it this weekend.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
John Mercedes does some awesome work, Ive never heard a bad thing about him. For a blower the stock cam actually isnt that bad, along with the 1.7s thats a good choice, I cant remember the exact lift numbers right now with 1.7rr's but I know they are larger than the first R/T cam.
I have stock ported heads and 1.6rrs with the 220 1.7s would put my lift at about .540 maybe even alittle higher, I bought them a few years ago, they are ported for a S/C and if you are familiar with SLEEPER on Dodgetrucks.org they are his heads, after he went to 16# on his Kenne Bell they were just too small so he sold them to me. Now if I could get a refund from a certain company that I tried to buy a custom Procharger kit from I would have my truck blown as well. This shit has taken way too long. I havent made up my mind yet on whether to take it to the track yet, Im still unsure on what the a/f looks like cause Im still on stock inj. Most of what I read has said I should be using 24# in this setup but so far they have proven to be too much. Post up or pm me a list of all that youve done to your truck Id like to know. Thanks 2881

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Originally posted by gtstang
not to make fun of but your truck sounds like marbles in a tin can.:p

not to make fun of your GT but all three of our trucks would kick the shit out of it.

Do you even know what badass sounds like? Marbles in a tin can WTF?? I downloaded this then called my bro to let him hear it he owns an 03 Cobra he told me to tell you that you shouldnt even be allowed to own a V8. Go trade it in on a honda, buy a fart pipe and a wing and talk about how your engine is way high tech compared to our old tech engines.

Cobrachick01--- all I can say is "wow".
and you have mail I have to know more about your truck.
:bowdown: :burnout:

Last edited:

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Oh yeah, almost forgot, I dyno'd this afternoon. Didn't have any good gas, so I was pulling 13-14* of timing, 360rwhp/370rwtq, on good gas that'll be about 412-416rwhp :D And that was with an a/f of 11.3-11.5 (left it there, playing it safe for the intercooler and racing this weekend). Intercooler goes in on Saturday, racing on Sunday, tuning on Monday with good gas, hoping for 450 at the wheels, we'll see ;-)

CobraChick1

Established Member
Thanks fellas! Yeah- I'd have to say that was the first time I've heard "marbles in a tin can". LOL But ya'll set him straight so I don't need to say a thing. He's just mad that a pick up truck would drag his ass up and down the track with a CHICK driving it!

RED99COBRA

Established Member
Marbles in a tin can? I don't know about that. What I do know is that that truck would hand any N/A Mustang GT its A$$. Any ride that is knocking on the 11 sec. door deserves props. Personally I think it sounds mean.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I drove an 03 GT, 03 Mach 1, and a 04 Cobra (nice). The GT was soooo slow that I ended the test drive early. I bought the Mach and added a Vortech. My mother's Volvo, on the way to church, could hang with a GT.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Originally posted by SnakeSkinner
That's quite a quick truck!
I'll keep my eyes peeled for it in the area.
Thanks! The only Supra I've been able to run was a guy I work with and he was stock except for an intake and exhaust ('94 TT). I've come up on a couple on the highway but never got the chance to run 'em. Yeah, I know, not the smartest thing to do, trying to run a Supra on the highway LOL But ya never know ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread