Cobra owns SS

holla@chaboy

ColorChangingClick
Established Member
I just got my car back from the body shop today, and installed my xhaust thats been on the shelf for about 4 weeks now. Anyways, I'm driving down the main drag, and this 02? SS is coming up on me fast. He catches up to me and starts to rev his engine, this dude is sporting Summit stickers all over the place. He tells me how i only have 390hp and how he dynoed at 415, and how he would love to beat an 04 cobra. He told me how he's "done a lot of shit to the engine", but didn't give me specific parts that he had in the car. I told him i would give him the opportunity, so we get up to about 40ish and I'm in second, he honks 3 times, and we're off. I get the hit and leave him like nothing, going into 4th i had about 5-6 cars on him. I let him catch up to me and he has that "oh shit" look on his face. I told him I only have a cat-back exhaust and intake, that's what really got him. I love racing people who talk smack before they race, then get their asses handed to them. :coolman: That's my second SS kill, the first one when I was bone stock :D

IE Evo

Established Member
holla@chaboy said:
I just got my car back from the body shop today, and installed my xhaust thats been on the shelf for about 4 weeks now. Anyways, I'm driving down the main drag, and this 02? SS is coming up on me fast. He catches up to me and starts to rev his engine, this dude is sporting Summit stickers all over the place. He tells me how i only have 390hp and how he dynoed at 415, and how he would love to beat an 04 cobra. He told me how he's "done a lot of shit to the engine", but didn't give me specific parts that he had in the car. I told him i would give him the opportunity, so we get up to about 40ish and I'm in second, he honks 3 times, and we're off. I get the hit and leave him like nothing, going into 4th i had about 5-6 cars on him. I let him catch up to me and he has that "oh shit" look on his face. I told him I only have a cat-back exhaust and intake, that's what really got him. I love racing people who talk smack before they race, then get their asses handed to them. :coolman: That's my second SS kill, the first one when I was bone stock :D
What you really got? Probably all the bolt-ons to get you to 480 whp and 500 tq. Good trap. You did not tell him what you had you showed him. Good Kill! :burn:

IE Evo

Established Member
holla@chaboy said:
No I'm dead serious man, I only have a K&N CAI, and a Bassani cat-back. No joke dude, god hates liars.
If he has 415 whp and weighs 2-300pnds less I would guess he would be more competition. Guess either you got a freak Cobra,you out drove him severely, or his car is not makin the whp he boasted about. Anyways GOOD KILL and yes all Cobras are pretty quick with limited mods but his car should of hung a lil better.

xason

10 seconds isn't cheap
Established Member
Thats what I love about these... We don't even need to mod them that much and it eats Camaros that probably "did a lot of shit" :rockon: :lol:

the 04 cobras bone stock actually have more whp then 03 cobras its been proven.. bone stock 03 cobras went for like 360 and 04 bone stock does around 380

DOHC Rocket

Established Member
IE Evo said:
If he has 415 whp and weighs 2-300pnds less I would guess he would be more competition. Guess either you got a freak Cobra,you out drove him severely, or his car is not makin the whp he boasted about. Anyways GOOD KILL and yes all Cobras are pretty quick with limited mods but his car should of hung a lil better.

Thats that 4v top end for you. :burnout:

IE Evo

Established Member
xason said:
Thats what I love about these... We don't even need to mod them that much and it eats Camaros that probably "did a lot of shit" :rockon: :lol:

the 04 cobras bone stock actually have more whp then 03 cobras its been proven.. bone stock 03 cobras went for like 360 and 04 bone stock does around 380
Do the 04s keep their advantage when they get all the basic go fast bolt-ons? I would guess in the end they equal out.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
IE Evo said:
I will remember that. Might save me from being a snack.

Traction is the biggest problem for these beasts. From a roll, these bricks will put lots of carlengths on 600-650cc bikes.

IE Evo

Established Member
DOHC Rocket said:
Thats that 4v top end for you. :burnout:
5-6 cars is a beating. I know 04s are impressive but LS1s are no slouch either. Guy sounds as if he was stockish by the beating he got.

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
IE Evo said:
5-6 cars is a beating. I know 04s are impressive but LS1s are no slouch either. Guy sounds as if he was stockish by the beating he got.

Thats for sure, I am sure a lot of shit to him are the summit stickers. 10-20 hp a piece easily :-D . Nice kill dude, it always makes a kill better when the person talks shit.

holla@chaboy

ColorChangingClick
Established Member
Thanks man. The only thing i knew he had was a nice, LOUD exhaust. Oh and lets not forget about the 40hp racing stripes the guy had too! I was kinda suprised I walked away from him so bad, but the first SS i raced was even worse, and that was when i was bone stock. The first SS although said he only had a lid though.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Yeah - back before I got my pulley installed I was dynoing around 430 hp/403 torque with bolt-ons, and came up to a stop light and this new SS driver with a loud exhaust started talking smack next to me. He told me he looked at the 03 Cobras - but decided to get a REAL car. He told me he had a lid, cam, exhaust, LS-1 edit(?), drag radials, and a few more blah blah blah things I didn't catch. I asked him if he wanted to see who had the REAL car and he said absolutely. Light turned green and we both spun just a bit off the line, but by the top of second I had a few car lengths on him and pulling his ass hard. Coming up to the next red light I was looking in my rear view mirror getting ready to feed him some major humble pie, and the turd turned across two lanes and made a u-turn to keep from pulling back next to me. That was classic!

Dan

Last edited:

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
xason said:

Yeah? Ok, mine put down 383.6 SAE bone freakin' stock so don't believe everything ya hear, oh yeah, it's an '03.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
holla@chaboy said:
Thanks man. The only thing i knew he had was a nice, LOUD exhaust. Oh and lets not forget about the 40hp racing stripes the guy had too! I was kinda suprised I walked away from him so bad, but the first SS i raced was even worse, and that was when i was bone stock. The first SS although said he only had a lid though.

Nice kill. I love it when they talk mad trash and get spanked. me? I know better than to talk shit before a race, been there, done that, got spanked, way back when I was 17.

joegt38

Established Member
My buddys 03 put down 38?rwhp

Thats the first time I heard the 04 dynos more, there is no difference at all between the 03 and 04 right.

Users who are viewing this thread