cobra poeple that leave work 5:00 am?

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I used to leave very slowly at 4am...but when I got to the onramp it was time to have fun!
being the only car on the road can be fun...the boost guage often saw 10ish psi at 415am on the mornings I drove it lol

corey d

STOLE IT
Established Member
Just gotta make sure to make it back home by 4:20pm.

269s.jpg

[youtube_browser]-ZQwnJTPh-M[/youtube_browser]

Blown 89

Established Member
Long tubes, off road x, and Bassanis here. Start up is the loudest part. After that I keep the RPMs as low as possible and creep out of the neighborhood. I haven't had a complaint yet.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
marilize legajuana

idk why but i lost it when i read this with the pic lmfao

when i had my 97 Cobra, xpipe, flows, and dumps, if i left early i would just coast it, nothing worse then an asshole leaving early waking everyone one up, daytime is fair game. :rockon:

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I think most people can deal with it if you're not 'that guy' that's jumping on it all the time. Just keep a good rapport with your neighbors and I wouldn't think you will have any issues.

+1 most people don't mind if they can tell your trying to be respectful.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
it's probably not your neighbors that suck. usually when a guy with a loud car in the neighborhood spends a lot of time hot rodding around the neighborhood or revving his car in the garage his neighbors take exception to it. Maybe you should try to be a little more respectful and do your hot rodding else where

Iam fixing to be taking my car to work next week I hope after 2 years of down time.

What do you neighbors think? Can you sneak off fast and quitely.Or warm it up first before you leave?

Kooks.no cats.and.stingers. thanks my.neighbors suck! I leave around 4:30 5:15 am

How do you all do it? .A BIG THANKS!

brys00gt

Established Member
it's probably not your neighbors that suck. usually when a guy with a loud car in the neighborhood spends a lot of time hot rodding around the neighborhood or revving his car in the garage his neighbors take exception to it. Maybe you should try to be a little more respectful and do your hot rodding else where

I don't see where the op said he does that. I think he was asking for how others do it so not to piss off his neighbors.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I don't see where the op said he does that. I think he was asking for how others do it so not to piss off his neighbors.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
I take it you didn't read the entire post. He said:

Kooks.no cats.and.stingers. thanks my.neighbors suck! I leave around 4:30 5:15 am

seeing as how he put those two (exhaust and neighbors suck) in the same sentence, one can infer that he has already pissed off his neighbors with his loud car. And is now looking for a way to lessen the damage.

mvr

Established Member
i used to work midnight to 8am. would leave at 11:30 every night for work in my old GT. LT, o/r x and lm2's. never got any complaints. i have an attached garage in an apartment building so im sure it rattled and shook the whole building. miss having a loud mustang...

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
Most my neighbors are car people so I get no complains. I have my euro drivers down the block, japanese tuners across the street, and they have me. So my street is pretty loud as it is.

brys00gt

Established Member
No where did he say he goes hot rodding in the neighborhood. You said that.
What you quoted is his setup and how he said neighbors suck. That doesn't necessarily mean he has a problem with his neighbors. It could mean that being so close to them with a loud car sucks.

97cobra...

Established Member
My cobra has long tubes o/r x and slp lm1 and I've been told my car makes a great alarm lol the cold start rev is what makes it loud

MassDSGsvt

FORCE FED BOOST
Established Member
My neighbors have all told me that they could hear me on my bike when i use to leave at 430 every morning. it was a 2006 GSXR 600 with no exhaust just straight pipe. But I crawled through as slow as possible and they knew it. If I went through like a bastard I'm sure it would be a different story.

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
When I was active in the volunteer fire department I would respond all hours of the morning in my Mach 1. One neighbor stated my exhaust was so loud the dishes in their breakfront would rattle when I roared by, I'd coast by their house after they informed me.

One of the first mustangs i fell in love with was a firefighters who lived down the road. Black n red fox GT would come screaming down the road all the time when the alarm went off. To an 10 year old thats pretty badass. Your probably converting some kid already away from imports.

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
I use to get up for 4am and 5am shifts and my neighbors never complained. My roommate did tho. His room was next to the garage and I would back in. Backing in might have helped keep it quieter for my neighbors too.

I have Cams, BBK LT, no cats, and Magnaflow Mufflers.

92BlkGT

Established Member
i just dont rev the motor over 2k

+1 I come home from work at 5 am and barely give it any gas coming down the street. Only time it's loud is when I hit the driveway approach because its steep and I have to take it slow. Nobody has said anything, but my neighborhood is like Harley highway and those guys rip up and down the street all night long so I better not get asked to keep it down compared to those bikes haha

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
My cobra has long tubes o/r x and slp lm1 and I've been told my car makes a great alarm lol the cold start rev is what makes it loud

This was the case for me. Full mac, no LT's. My neighbor use to use my car as alarm to get up for work haha.

Users who are viewing this thread