Cobra Problems!?!?!??!

04TorchedSVT

Established Member
Well I was out driving my car yesterday and I decided I was going to run it thru 3rd gear and go into fourth just praciting some power shifting. Well when I shifted it hard into 4th it popped and acted like it was in neutral, I tried all other gears and it was just like it was in neutral. Clutch will engaged and disengage and it goes into all the other gears fine. It will just not move. I am about positvie it is the input shaft since it is a stock spline. I just have a spec stage 3+ and Pulley/intake/exhaust on the car so I was very suprised this happened. The car sees the drag strip about once a year for racing, I have a fox that I bracket race so no need to abuse the cobra. Would you guys go back with a stock shaft or would you guys buy a 26 spline and new clutch Disc for the car?? Because it is gonna run about $600 to do just the disc swap, ungrade the input shaft and a new throw out bearing.

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
Input shaft for sure! I broke 1 and went back to stock. Its held up with numerous track runs. My car runs 10.2's all day with a 1.56 60' stock IRS. Stay with the stock one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread