Cobra R Brake Kit...

SVTBlackBolt

SVT POISONED
Established Member
I want to upgrade my Brake system on my Cobra...I was looking at the Cobra R Front and Rear Brake Kit....I have one quesion will this Kit work with the stock 17" Wheels? Or do I need 18" Wheels?

Thanks

SVTBlackBolt

SVT POISONED
Established Member
Thanks for the info,

Do you know though what size the Cobra R rotors are in the front? 13" or 14"?

I'm upgrading to the 18" Wheels so clearance wont be an issue anymore...

Thanks again

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTBlackBolt
Thanks for the info,

Do you know though what size the Cobra R rotors are in the front? 13" or 14"?

I'm upgrading to the 18" Wheels so clearance wont be an issue anymore...

Thanks again

13" is stock. :beer:

SVTBlackBolt

SVT POISONED
Established Member
Yes that topic was informative...just that it was confusing with all sorts of comparisons and people had different opinions on the Brembo and Wilwoods.

Anyways I just checked and the R had 13" Vented Rotors...though the Kit on the Ford Racing catalogue shows Slotted and the Steeda shows slotted...Does anybody know for sure if the kit comes with slotted rotors?

SVTBlackBolt

SVT POISONED
Established Member
Ok this is getting confusing....since the other thread is full..let me get an opinion on here for the Willwoods and the Brembo Kit I am looking at...

Any R owners that could chime in and tell me how they like their front Kits? Also I want to move the stock ones to the back...but both being 13"...would that be ok?

Cobra-R

Established Member
SVT,
What are you using the car for, track or street?

If it is for street, I will tell you to get a good set of pads and change over to stainless steel lines. If you want more braking than that, get better tires.

For the track, I have had good luck with the brembo's. If you are going to spend $1000-1100 on brakes I would recommend buying two piece floating rotors and good pads before the caliper upgrade. I am talking function over bling factor here. (there have been actual failures of the single piece rotors, thus my suggestion to upgrade them instead of the calipers).

Brian

Last edited:

SVTBlackBolt

SVT POISONED
Established Member
Well I planned on taking it to the track but not enough to get a $5000 Dollar kit.....

What I have decided to do is just get the Cobra R kit for the front...move the front to the rear...and call it a day.

This way I dont see how i could go wrong...correct?

Cobra-R

Established Member
The main problem I see moving the front PBR's to the rear is it will probly mess up your brake bias. I would'nt mess with the rear's.

Users who are viewing this thread