Cobra R chip

svtguy

Established Member
Looking for a computer chip for my r. Would like to find a tuner that has dyno tuned other 2000 r's and would be able to program a chip for me without me haveing to take my R to a dyno.

Thanks,

Paul.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Paul,
If you want to try my chip, I would be willing to send it to you. Sal got ut from a Performance shop that has dyno tuned a number of R's. If you want to try it and bring it back to me at RA, that would be fine with me. Let me know.

Brian

svtguy

Established Member
Thanks Brian, I just might take you up on that offer. I would like to be able to get a chip in time for the RA event. How do I get ahold of Sal?

Paul.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Paul,
You can use my chip for RA also. I have alot more need to master my technique than to worry about getting every last ounce of power. Sal originally told me he would be willing to have a chip burned and sent to me for people to try out and see what they thought. I havn't talked to him about it again, but would guess he would still do it.
My chip is brand new, never installed, So be my guest Paul. It is easy for me to get another one from Sal again.

Brian

PS. If you want it, email me your address and I will get it mailed out. [email protected]

Cobra-R

Established Member
Kevin,
Yes, The chip I have has the four position remote mounted switch so I can use any one of four programs without switching chips. You don't have to buy the chip like that. You can get a single program chip that plugs into the computer, and thats the program, if you want it back to stock, just pull the chip out.

I have had alot of experience with using chips with the Lightning pickups. They are very responsive to chips. I always liked the four position chip because it's easy to change programs for the drag strip, street, ect.

Brian

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R
Kevin,
Yes, The chip I have has the four position remote mounted switch so I can use any one of four programs without switching chips. You don't have to buy the chip like that. You can get a single program chip that plugs into the computer, and thats the program, if you want it back to stock, just pull the chip out.

I have had alot of experience with using chips with the Lightning pickups. They are very responsive to chips. I always liked the four position chip because it's easy to change programs for the drag strip, street, ect.

Brian
Brian,

I'd like more info. on the 4 position chip you talked about here? Cost? installation? impressions? Does it require removing the ECU and sending it off??

Thanks!

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by Andy M
Brian,

I'd like more info. on the 4 position chip you talked about here? Cost? installation? impressions? Does it require removing the ECU and sending it off??

Thanks!

Andy,
The chip we are talking about has a box that you can mount somewhere convienient that has a knob that you can switch between four programs.

The chip costs in the range of $350-360 and is installed very easily. Just remove the computer module, remove a plug, clean the contacts, and plug the chip in.

I never installed the chip before I sent it to Paul. Maybe he will chime in and let you know the results. From what he told me, it is a very worthwhile mod. Maybe I will throw it in at Road America, and see for myself.

Brian

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
I'll chime in here since i'm here.. But Jim at JDM can most likely get ya a custom burnt chip.. He uses Superchips.. I'm pretty sure he's done a couple dyno tunes on Cobra R's ?!? So you might wanna try him.. He has a section on this board.. Just another tuner out there.. :-? :bored:

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by Ripper
I'll chime in here since i'm here.. But Jim at JDM can most likely get ya a custom burnt chip.. He uses Superchips.. I'm pretty sure he's done a couple dyno tunes on Cobra R's ?!? So you might wanna try him.. He has a section on this board.. Just another tuner out there.. :-? :bored:

Ripper:

Thanks! I'll give em a call on Monday. otherwise, I would think they may have a web site, right? if so, what is it? I will search the board to find out...

Thanks again..

Users who are viewing this thread