Cobra R hood question

Smoked SVT

Established Member
Im going to order a cobra r hood this week from american muscle and dont know whether to get the kaenen hood or the cervinis? I looked at the pics on the american muscle website but their are several different heights for each hood in the pics, they arent all the same. Which would be the better hood to go with? This is the height and look I want bc its not too tall.
viewsingle.jpg

Im also thinking about getting a s351 spoiler also bc ive always liked the way they look with the taller cobra r hood. Ill be keeping the s281 i have now though incase I get tired of it. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I don't think you could go wrong with either hood. What is the difference in height between the two?

Smoked SVT

Established Member
Im not sure I know the cervinis is a 2.5" but i dont know about the kaenen. The pics have several different heights which is confusing.

PGreenSVT

Established Member
The underside of the Cervini's is finished where the underside of the Kaenan is not if that makes a difference. They are both quality pieces.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
as far as how tall it is.. ive always liked the factory Cobra R hood specs. the taller they get the less it fits the flow of the body lines, unless you NEED a large hood.

Smoked SVT

Established Member
as far as how tall it is.. ive always liked the factory Cobra R hood specs. the taller they get the less it fits the flow of the body lines, unless you NEED a large hood.

yeh the factory cobra r hood is the one im wanting i think im goin to go with the cervinis hood to get the finished underside. thanks for pointing that part out.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
yeh the factory cobra r hood is the one im wanting i think im goin to go with the cervinis hood to get the finished underside. thanks for pointing that part out.

Cervini would have got my vote for it being finished.. cant ever go wrong with the R hood.. classic!

mystical

Established Member
Look into a HO Fibertrends hood. I've got one and love it. Great quality and much cheaper than the two you mentioned.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i got the 3" 2000 cobra r hood and i didn't like it at first but i wouldn't have it any other way now. i've only seen one other person with my hood.

mystical

Established Member
could you show me some pics of yours and what height you have? i see they have a 1.5", 2.5", and a 3".

Unfortunately, it was installed just recently and I haven't taken any pics. I have the 3.5" version.

If you go on their website there are a few pics of each model. I will try to take some pics if I ever get the car back from the shop.

Smoked SVT

Established Member
Unfortunately, it was installed just recently and I haven't taken any pics. I have the 3.5" version.

If you go on their website there are a few pics of each model. I will try to take some pics if I ever get the car back from the shop.

I have to make a decision by tomorrow b/c Im taking the car to the shop before work tomorrow morning. Id like to see some good pics of the 2.5" hood b/c im leaning towards the 1.5" "stock style cobra r hood now. Id really like the extra inch of the 2.5" but im not gonna risk not liking it unless i see some good side pics.

Users who are viewing this thread